021

"IM SO PROUD OF YOU, DEL"

"Which one?" Max held up 2 comics a Wonder Woman comic and a green lantern one.

"I don't know" El sighed laying down next to Max and Delilah.

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" Max smiled.

"It doesn't make sense" El frowned. "Heather.
The blood. The ice".

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now. That has to be it. I don't know where that blood came from, but... we saw her.
We both saw her. She's totally fine" Max reassured.

"What about Hallie?" Delilah asked, concerned for the girl that she had gotten close with.

"What about her?" Max asked.

"She seemed wrong. Different. She grabbed my arm" Delilah spoke quietly.

"I'm sure she's fine, she's probably just sick, she did say she had a headache yesterday" Max smiled at her and Delilah nodded reluctantly.

The three girls were woken up the next morning by Lucas' voice on the walkie-talkie "Do you copy?
This is a code red. I repeat, this is a code red.
Max. Do you copy?".

"Shut...up" Max spoke angrily turning it off.

Then the phone started to ring, Delilah got out of bed and picked it up. "We're sleeping. Go away".

"This is Mike. Do not hang up. Something happened, something bad. Our very lives can be at stake" he told her.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Just come over to my house. We'll explain everything" he told her "Hurry".

Will explained to all of them in Mike's basement what was happening "I didn't think it was anything
at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want
to believe it. The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead".

"Power went out that night, too" Mike added.

"And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson farm the next day. Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers" he continued.

"What does it feel like?" Max asked.

"It's almost like... You know when you drop on a roller coaster?" He asked.

"Sure" everyone agreed.

"No" El shook her head.

"It's like...everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but... this is worse. Your body... it goes cold and you can't breathe. I've felt it before, whenever he was close" Will explained.

"Whenever who was close?" Max asked.

"The Mind Flayer" he told them.

"Me and El closed the gate" Delilah asked in confusion.

"I know, but... what if he never left?What if we locked him out here with us?" Will asked.

"This is him. All of him" Will drew on a piece of paper "But, that day on the field, a part of him attached itself to me. Our mom got it out of me... And Del and Eleven closed the gate. But the part that was still in me, what if it's still in our world? In Hawkins".