029

"ALWAYS THE GODDAMN BABYSITTER"

"Delivery service" Dustin knocked on the door to give Eddie some food, he sighed a breath of relief when he noticed who it was.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news.
How do you prefer it?" Dustin asked him.

"Bad news first, always" Eddie responded.

"All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins
PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty
convinced you killed Chrissy" Dustin explained.

"Like, 100% kind of convinced" Max added sadly.

"And the good news?" He asked.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do" Delilah told him.

"And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you" Robin told him.

"Hunt the freak, right?" He scowled.

"So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him,
and prove your innocence" Dustin smiled.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asked.

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is
saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related,
but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel we got this" Robin ranted.

"Oh and Del has superpowers" Steve added only making Eddie look more confused.

"Lab experiment" she shrugged but it didn't seem to put his mind at ease anymore.

Del lifted one of the ropes in the boathouse with her powers to demonstrate to Eddie, she dropped it and let the blood drip from her nose.

"See. There's nothing to worry about" Dustin smiled unconvincingly.

Police sirens started wailing, distracting everyone from their conversation.

"Shit" Steve whispered.

"Tarp. Tarp" Robin pointed.

But all of the police cars went straight past the boat house.

Steve, Robin, Max, Del and Dustin all jumped into Steve's car and followed the police cars and when they finally stopped, they saw Nancy who had never looked so happy to see them.

"You're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy,it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy asked as they sat around a bench at the trailer park.

"If the shoe fits" Steve shrugged.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse" Dustin told her "Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know".

"All we know is this is something different" Max agreed.

"Something new" Del nodded.

"It doesn't make sense. Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy asked.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place. We're both at the game" Dustin suggested.