four

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

🌙 ──────〔༄〕 ────── 💖

Yiseul just couldn't believe she'd found one of her soulmates. It was a euphoric and exhilarating feeling, finding someone who would understand you and love you unconditionally, who was essentially made for you, fated by the universe.

But then she began to get stuck in her head, wondering how she'd integrate Jeongin into her life. She didn't have a mate anymore, her beloved mate (though he had not been a soulmate) had meant the world to her, and she was still mourning his loss a year later after his death. She wasn't sure if she was ready to move on, though she knows he wouldn't have wanted her to be unhappy in her life without him. He'd only ever wanted her happiness. Hell, he'd moved away from his family in the USA and come with her to South Korea so that she could have her pups there, where she was from. He'd uprooted his whole life to be with her, because it made her happy... and then he'd died of cancer.

Broaching the subject of her new, budding friendship or potential relationship with Jeongin as her soulmate could be put off for a little bit of time. She knows he'd probably assume she already has, or has had at the very least, a mate since she has pups... And so unless she brought up the fact that she was mateless, or if he brought it up (which was unlikely because it was kind of a hard question to ask and could be perceived as a potentially sensitive subject), it would remain ambiguous.

Not only that, though, but how would she tell Jeongin that she had more than one soulmate? Soulmates were a unique situation, and while there were cases of people having two or so, having four soulmates (due to her having three soulmate marks of differing types, and one invisible-to-most red string on her finger) was a whole thing entirely. How would he react to that? He seemed like an understanding and infinitely patient person, and the way he interacted with her pups, ever respectful to her as their mother and to the kids themselves, speaking to them and not down to them, and seemingly enjoying their energy and company...

She could feel her omega purr to her about how lovely he would be for her pups, based on their interactions of that day in their first meeting. And her omega wasn't entirely wrong, either. Taemi was already half-in-love with Jeongin, having not wanted to part from him, and hugging him before they'd parted ways. She'd been talking about him nonstop since that day, asking when they'd get to see him next, if he could come over to play one day. And Taeseong had warmed up to him in only their first meeting, so clearly he liked Jeongin, too, excitedly telling her in his own quiet way that he looked forward to showing Jeongin his lego sets.

And then there were his messages. His messages were so cute and lowkey flirty, now that they'd been texting for a few days. She could feel herself blush at times at his messages, that were, while on the surface level innocent, had this undertone of playful flirtiness, had her omega scratching at her to meet up with him again. And don't even get her started on his photos that he'd send her. They weren't even suggestive (well, there was that one selca he'd sent her where he'd been definitely posing in a flirty way, and using that tongue so sinfully as it accented his smirk... but she had no time to unpack that and what it did for her), mostly just cute selfies of his outfits of the day, sent without fail every day.