"I'll help you, for a price"

"Mother, you look so beautiful when you dance! You twirl, you move from there to here, you even sing! Is there anything you can't do already?" little Luke asked her. She smiles and pats the blond-haired boy, "yes, there is one" she says. "it's the art of flowers dancing: love and protection" Little Luke tilts his head. "love and protection? How is that different from your dancing?" she chuckles. "well..."

"That dance can save you from any harm, which makes it impossible to be attacked"

...

I opened my eyes and noticed that I was on the bed, already. I didn't even remember going to sleep so how am I in bed already? I get up, "Ow...my back..." Have I turned old already? But I'm 18 in this world, right? I then go to the desk. Nothing is missing, did I just fall asleep and someone carried me to the bed? Just as I was about to open the door someone began to knock on the door.

"come in," I say and the door opens revealing a maid who seems to be in her late 30s, she has brown hair and wears a different set of clothes compared to the other maids I've seen so far. She bowed down. "Young master Luke, the duke has ordered you to go to the main hall in 10 minutes. Please get ready soon" I nodded "Very well, you are free to go now. I shall go there soon"

After she walked away, I sighed and closed the door. "... It's time..." I took a deep breath... these past few days I have been feeling nervous. I feel like I'm forgetting one thing I shouldn't, but... I can't remember it. Something... Something about meeting myself...

I shook my head and began to change my clothes...

...

"This way," the maid says as she guides me to the main hall... I am very nervous not just because I don't remember the scene, but the main hall is not just a normal hall no, no, no. She stops and opens the door for me, the main hall is the place for the 'True Ordane' and the Duke, oh ... It's also the place for...

Execution

Each child who fails the test is killed here. I stepped in and was met with a grand throne sitting on top of the stage. My heart beats fast and I can't help but feel so small, especially when each of the siblings of the Ordane is here. Deon, Leon, Anna, Kyle, and Vincent are here. And all of them are sitting on their respective seats

I noticed there are more kids too and chances are they were the 8th, 9th, and 10th possibly more than the 12th, kids of the Ordane are here. Not only that, the hall has two sections that separate the kids and the other six, which I assumed is also the section where I needed to be. As I walked in all eyes began to look at me

However, I had enough time to learn how to control my face and keep calm as I continued my footsteps. On the seat of the throne there lies the Father of the Ordane. The Duke. Erick Von Ordane. And here's a fun fact: his name means Eternal Ruler. But in the original, he was killed by Deon, now that is not so eternal Ruler is it? Okay, that wasn't funny forget it.

I lower my gaze and dare not raise my head and look at him. 'not yet,' I say to myself in my heart. The duke hasn't told me to raise my head yet. "Luke" my body flinched a little. "Raised your head" I began to do so and was mesmerized... The way he sits with absolute power shows how strong he is and yet, there is a certain charm in the way he looks at me that weirdly enough, makes him look quite gentle.

"Do you know why you were called today?" He asked, "No duke, I do not know why..." I replied. "Today is your birthday," he said if only he wasn't the duke. I would have thought he would give me a gift, but... This is the duke we are talking about... And I have a good reason to be suspicious. Luke's mother, was killed on his birthday, and Luke was killed on his birthday as well. The fact that I am at the main hall where the kids who failed the test were killed means one thing. Did I fail the test? That is what my heart is asking now.