"Free Speech For The Dumb"

No one knows what the future holds. Not a single person can guarantee a future for anyone, either. Time and again, Terra and its inhabitants have proven that not a single constant remains unchanging in life. It's like a flowing river, eager to happily wash away your stable reality in the blink of an eye. Making way for less than welcome changes and imposing a new order. Life, unfortunately, is all about those changes. Oh how Andy would love to just press pause and make it all freeze in place. How he'd love to have a guide come and take him by the hand, leading him towards a bright, happy future. One where he knows exactly what to do, where he feels right at home, doing what he feels is right…

Snap.

"You dozing off, again?"

Andy blinked a few times and looked up from his newspaper. The school hallway seemed a little less stuffy than usual. It was completely empty, but for a certain someone. With her hands resting against her sides, Mostima kept glaring at the dazed guy, having forcefully dragged him out of his nonsensical train of thought. He had no idea how long she's been standing here for.

"Wh--...?"

With a snarky grin, she snapped her fingers right in front of his face again, before he could fully get the word out. That oughta woke him up for good.

"You've been staring at that wall for the past ten minutes."

"A-And?"

"And if that wasn't bad enough, you're reading a newspaper."

She pointed to it as she took a seat right next to him, crossing her legs. Andy couldn't help but relax a bit and lean back against the bench. Life's better with a friend by your side, no matter how much of a bitch she's being.

"So what?"

"So what? So that you're acting like a forty year old man going through a divorce. Socialize a bit, moron."

“Socialize… With whom, exactly?”

They both glanced around the empty hallway. Her eyes narrowed as she realized that Andy had a point.

“Okay, fair. Still, who the hell actually reads newspapers?”

"I do?"

"Yeah, but you're a backwards weirdo."

She was trying her best to get under his skin, as always. Andy had already started rolling up the newspaper into a makeshift Mostima repelling device as soon as he came back from his inner head ramblings. He shrugged at the jab and focused on revenge. What he needed, now, was a distraction.

"Speaking of weirdoes, where's Lem?"

"Sick."

She let out a little sigh. Life without Lemuel was peaceful, sure, but so dull and boring.