10

AELORA HAD ARRIVED  dragonback on the bridge of Dragonstone early in the morrow

AELORA HAD ARRIVED  dragonback on the bridge of Dragonstone early in the morrow. The guards bowed their heads to the next heir of the Iron Throne as she had entered the castle, taking her gloves off.

Ser Lorent enters and interrupts meeting of Princess Rhaenyra and Princess Rhaenys, who had started to speak of the news of King Viserys' death and the coronation of Aegon.

He stood by the doors and cleared his throat, "You are standing in the presence of Aelora Targaryen, the next heir to the Iron Throne, The dragons daughter, Lady of the skies, and daughter of Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon Targaryen"

Everyone's heads turned towards the doors as Aelora stepped into the room confidently, followed by Vermithor's roar outside.

Rhaenyra was first to rush to her oldest daughter, ignoring everybody else's presence . "My sweet dragon, oh, thank the gods you are safe." She spoke as she embraced her daughter and placed a kiss onto her temple.

Aelora caught a glimpse of familiar hair over her mother's shoulder as the person slowly got off of his knee. Rhaenyra had noticed where her daughter was glancing and moved aside.

Aelora's eyes widen of happiness and shock as the person turned to her, "Welcome back..Princess of Dragonstone." He spoke with a smirk and took a step forward only to be stopped by Daemon's Dark Sister that was placed in front of the man.

"Just because you came here to bend the knee, you are still that whore of a queen's son." Daemon spat. "That is a way to express your love for me," Aemond spoke and glanced to his uncle who simply shrugged.

"You bent the knee?" Aelora questioned, and Aemond nods. "I grieve this loss for you, Rhaenyra.." Rhaenys interrupted and began talking. Rhaenyra's expression immediately changed upon hearing those words, "My cousin, your father..possessed a kind heart." Rhaenys stepped forward to Rhaenyra and announced there is more to inform her off.

"Aegon has been crowned as his successor." As she heard those words, Rhaenyra let out a whimper and held her stomach. "They crowned him?" She questioned to herself, followed by Daemon's question of Viserys' death.

"We do not know. I had tried to sail Aegon away from the city, but the guards found him and took him back to the Red Keep." Aelora stated. "How long ago?" Rhaenyra questioned as she switched glances between her daughter and Rhaenys.

"A day, perhaps two. I was made a prisoner while the Queen made her preparations." Rhaenys answered. "Alicent demanded you declare for Aegon." Rhaenyra said. "She did. I refused her-"

"and yet you are still alive." Daemon added. "My brother was placed upon that throne against his wishes. Aegon never wanted to rule..he said it himself."  Aemond stated, "And you are still talking." Daemon spat. "Enough." Aelora said clearly and loudly as she shared glances to her father and to the man that stood by her side.

"The High Septon crowned Aegon in the dragon pit. I witnessed it myself just before I fled on Meleys." Rhaenys added. "They crowned him before masses." Rhaenyra spoke, followed by Rhaenys, "So, the masses could see him as their rightful king."

"That whore of a queen murdered my brother and stole his throne and you could have burned them all for it." Daemon spat angrily.

"She could not," Aelora started and glanced towards her father. "Many lives of innocents would be at loss. If no citizens were at place, I would fly there with Vermithor and fed the Hightowers to him." She then turned her glance to Aemond, "No offence."

"None taken, princess." Aemond quickly spoke, his glance still on Rhaenys as she began speaking again. "A war is like to be fought over this treachery, to be sure. But that war is not mine to begin. I only rushed this warning to you out of loyalty to my husband and to my house. The Greens are coming for you, Rhaenyra," Her eyes then switched to Aelora, "And for your children. You should leave Dragonstone at once."

With those last words said, Rhaenys had began to exit only for Rhaenyra's whimpers and gasps to fill the room. "Mother." Aelora rushed to her mother's side and held her for support as Rhaenyra placed her hand inside of her dress and glanced down to the bloody hand, "The babe is coming."

________

Aelora had walked outside with Aemond by her side as she eased her mind by pacing around the beach. "Thank you for being here, and standing by me in this war." She finally spoke, her glance still forward. Aemond let out a chuckle, "What is it?" She asked as he began laughing.

Aelora hit him playfully in the arm, "Nothing! 'Ts just..I never would have imagined being here." He stated as his laughter eased. "On dragonstone?" She questioned with a smile. "No..well, yes, but to be here.. with you." Aemond admitted as they got closer to her brothers training with swords.

Aelora glanced to him and interlocked her fingers with his as she rested her head on top of his shoulder, "And I am glad you are."

"Whatever there is to happen..I swear, no harm will be done to you." Aemond promised and placed a soft kiss on top of her head. Aelora smiled as she had stepped away from him and to her brothers as Jacaerys pushed Lucerys onto the ground.

"You might go easier there, Jace! You must teach him, not to scream when he loses." She spoke. Lucerys and Jacaerys snap their heads as they rush into their sister's embrace. "Aelora!" They yelled simultaneously. "If I would have known this much excitement would be brought upon seeing me, I would be gone longer." Aelora spoke with a chuckle and placed a kiss onto their heads.

Suddenly, Aemond had joined behind Aelora which made Jacaerys pick up his sword and push his sister behind him, "Stay away or I will stab out your other eye." He threatened.

"Nephews..How wonderful to see you so strong." Aemond teased. "Aemond." Aelora sent him a glare of warning as he placed his arms up in defence.

Aelora lead Jacaerys hand down with his sword and stood beside Aemond, "Aemond had bent the knee to mother."

"I only did it because of you, but go on." Aemond interrupted. Aelora took a deep breath as she calmed her nerves, "Please do not tell me you two are to be wed just like mother and Daemon." Lucerys groaned out which made all three of them to glance down to him.

Thankfully, Rhaenys interrupted and declared to the two brothers that their mother summoned them. "Aelora, your father needs you." She spoke. Aelora nods and immediately knew what she had meant, Daemon needed help in making plans for this war.