20

AELORA HAD GOT HERSELF to eat and get some rest after couple of days after Jacaerys' return

to eat and get some rest after couple of days after Jacaerys' return. The princess still slept small hours, while her brothers; Joffrey and Jacaerys also had trouble with sleeping. They would usually find themselves tortured by their brother's memory and Joffrey would come crying into Jacaerys' room. Meanwhile, Jacaerys was wide awake when his brother had come sobbing into his chambers and the two soon found their way in the chambers of their sister. Aelora greeted them inside kindly as the three siblings fell asleep on her bed with Joffrey being in the middle.

The Princess began to get worried for her one-eyed prince as he hasn't made his return nor she had received a word from him. Was he even alive? Did they imprison him for betraying his own blood? Whatever that has happened, she was worried. Rhaenyra has been informed of her brother's decision and wished him luck into brining their sister, Helaena, and her children safely to Dragonstone.

The Targaryen family had thrown a feast for the arrival of Cregan Stark with other council members as they discussed the current threat. Aelora has been lost in her thoughts as she shared glances with the cold empty chair that was placed next to her where Aemond is supposed to be sitting. Rhaenyra noticed her daughter's behaviour and called out for her. Aelora snapped her head to her mother with a hum and the queen asked of her thoughts of everything that has happened.

Aelora noticed all eyes were on her and placed her hands onto the people as she fidgeted with her fingers. "I-um.." She cleared her throat and shared a glance with Rhaenyra who sat opposite of her. The princess took a deep breath and with a lifted chin, she spoke;

"We all know Alicent's son had done a terrible treason...but, people see him as king as much as we all see Her Grace; my mother, a queen." She started calmly. Aelora knew she could not hide the angry side of hers in front of the faces that had reminded her of Lucerys' and had decided to release her wall down.

The Princess slowly rises from her chair, "The Greens have proclaimed war with the murder of my younger brother. I mean to bring justice to every person that gets murdered on their behalf. My mother and Alicent shared a past of friendship together which means this battle will affect them both." Aelora exchanged a glance with Rhaenyra and the rest of her family that sat around this table. She looked down to the empty seat on her right side and cleared her throat,

"My grandsire, King Viserys, had placed his eldest child to succeed him..and by knowing him, his mind wouldn't have changed in the last seconds of his life.

I mean to win over the throne and place its rightful heir on it. With fire and blood, I will take it. With this battle, the people will soon realise the lives that will be at cost for the war that the Realm had always feared. War between the most dangerous and most loyal creatures: A war between Dragons."

Rhaenyra proudly watched her daughter and the determined face she had worn. She knew whatever that Aelora had spoken, she will do everything for it to happen. And with every decision that she had to made, Rhaenyra would agree with her. Even if they do win this battle, Rhaenyra knew who to place onto the throne. Not herself, but her daughter.

"I mean to fight this war, and win it." Rhaenyra added, sharing glances with the people that sat around the table and then to Aelora who had a devilish smirk curve on the side of her face, "To war then." The Princess spoke.

_______

After the feast, Aelora had pulled her mother aside for a question. Rhaenyra listened to her daughter always and as much as she was terrified for what she wanted to do, a feeling in her stomach told her she must let her go. For the Greens to know that they might win the people, but Aelora would still bring fire upon those who hurt her loved ones.

Aelora had sworn she is going as a messenger, not a warrior. Rhaenyra escorted her daughter to the outside of dragon pit where Cannibal and Vermithor both raised their heads as they heard their mother approaching.

"You have grown so fast, my sweet girl." Rhaenyra spoke with a proud smile as she held her daughter's forearms. Aelora smiled softly, "You will make a wonderful queen, mother. I promised to place the true queen onto that throne; the queen that deserves to rule, and I will not break my word."

Rhaenyra hasn't spoken a word and embraced her daughter tightly. Yes, she was right. Rhaenyra would make a great queen, but after seeing the determination and fierce nature of her daughter, she knew Aelora was destined to sit on the throne. To rule the Seven Kingdoms with her dragons beside.

Aelora climbed onto Cannibal and after a last glance with Rhaenyra with a nod that came from the queen, the princess took off with her dragons.

Night had already began to fall when Aelora reached the city where she had been born in. The Cannibal landed directly opposite of the Red Keep, close enough for Aelora to be heard. The dragon let out a loud roar, warning the people that their mother has arrived. After the Greens heard the noise, they rushed outside on their balconies as their eyes widen upon seeing the coaled black scaled dragon.

"Impossible.." Otto muttered out. Aelora's face fell when she saw his face step outside, next to his mother. A loud growl came from Vermithor as he circled the King's Landing.

"People of King's Landing!" She shouted as everyone listened, alarmed by the two dragons. "Your King, Aegon Targaryen...is a killer! He had announced war with the murder of my brother, Lucerys Velaryon." Aelora spoke and glanced towards the Greens with a threatening look.

"I, Aelora Targaryen, will bring justice for my brother! Your King and his controlled, misunderstood mother with the manipulative traitor of a Hand, tonight...are to be considered spared by the gods. Spared by myself."  Aelora turned to the Greens as she sent a glare to the one-eyed prince,

"War is to come..and I mean to fight, and win it alongside the rightful heir, Queen Rhaenyra! If killing was so necessary, I will get that damned metal throne even if it means burning down every person that stands in my fucking way." Aelora spoke as she kept her glance locked with Aemond's. With those words, she had flew away from King's Landing, feeling hurt and betrayed. But on top of that, she felt angry...Aelora was pissed.