28

THE FOLLOWING DAY CAME and Aelora already decided with another plan, which included the help of the north

THE FOLLOWING DAY CAME and Aelora already decided with another plan, which included the help of the north. Or specifically, Lord Stark. She had already sent a raven to Dragonstone and waited patiently upon his arrival. As she did so, her mind was filled with thoughts- Of Aemond and his decision, of how her family back in Dragonstone are doing and how they plan to attack, and much more.

She knew the Blacks won't be able to attack any time soon, even after how much they wish to..they can't without their Queen's approval.

Aelora was already getting nauseous by the sun that was hitting her eyes, well, that was what she had thought. The sun was shining, but the warmth wasn't that strong. It was something else torturing her, but she just couldn't understand what. Upon seeing the ship that sailed from Dragonstone arrive, she was quick to get onto her feet.

"Good evening, Your Grace-" Cregan spoke as he got off the boat alone. Aelora was quick to shush him and place her index finger onto his mouth. The Lord glanced to her and down to her finger, confused by how she got comfortable to even touch another ruler. But the Stark didn't mind it.

"Here." Aelora simply spoke and handed him a robe. "Put it on. Currently, I and my men-including you, are very not much welcome here." She spoke lowly. Cregan simply nodded and did as she ordered.

The two were off in the city as Aelora explained her plan, which included both; Aemond and Cregan. Upon heirng the prince's name escape her mouth, he glanced down at her with furrowed eyebrows. "I thought prince Aemond was on the 'Greens' side." Cregan interrupted, putting up air quotes.

"Yes, he still is." Aelora shivered at the thoughts of Aemond still being on her enemies' side, "If he doesn't make his decision today, I will have his head on a spike beside his usurper of a brother." She explained as they walked through the city, lowering their heads beside every person that passes them.

"We will wait until night. Everyone in the Red Keep should be asleep by then.." She added. "What about the Kingsguards?" Cregan questioned. "That's where you and Aemond come in. There are secret passages that lead inside the castle where my previous chamber was. Through them, we will get inside and you two must get rid of the guards that are placed in front of Aegon's chambers. As quiet as possible."

The two continued with their conversation as they got to the Dragonpit where Vermithor happily approached them. Aelora embraced the side of his head as much as she could as the dragon chirped at the touch of his rider. Their moment soon ended when Vermithor's eyes landed on Lord Stark's. The man awkwardly waves at the Bronze Fury while he slowly approached him with low growls.

Aelora, noticing this, placed herself in front of Cregan. "Lykirī, Issa dōna valonqar. Rāpirī.." (Calm down, my sweet boy. Be calm.) She spoke in a soft, but commanding voice, narrowing her eyes directly into his. Vermithor sent Cregan a glare before slowly turning away. The Lord let out a deep exhale as Aelora turned to him,

"How don't you feel..scared?" He questioned and glanced to the Bronze Fury who had pushed himself into the sky. "My grandsire, King Viserys used to say that controlling dragons is an illusion. They're not horses, my Lord, nor the wolves you have as pets." Aelora stated. Cregan felt she had meant the last part offensive, but the queen spoke it with a soft smile.

"Why are we here, exactly?" His question was soon cut off by another strong breeze as the largest living dragon of Westeros flew above their heads. Aelora stood still as Cregan proceeded what just happened and by another rumble of the earth, his eyes met the green scaled dragon.

But, what shocked the young queen was that she was not alone. "Skoro syt issi ao kesīr...rūsīr zirȳla?" (Why are you here...with him?) The rider of the Queen of the Dragons spoke as he unmounted his dragon. Aelora approached the two and simply walked past the one-eyed prince as he watched her with his eye. As the Queens greeted each other, the two men kept glaring at each other.

"Keligon ziry, Aemond." Aelora spoke as she sent him a look from the side upon passing him again. The Queen stood in the middle and motioned the two men to approach each other as they did so, carefully.

"Oh for dragon's sake...If you wish to kill each other, do so quickly and I will be doing this alone." Aelora groaned out in frustration. Aemond let his glance break from Cregan's as he confusingly looks to the targaryen woman.

"Do what alone?" Aemond questioned, glancing between the wolf of the north and Aelora. "Why do you think Vhagar wished to bring you here? For me to beg you to switch sides? You're here tonight, as my protector." Aelora spat. The prince felt a stab into his heart by her cold words. The Queen explained her plan as the two men listened.

"You wish to kill my brother?" Aemond repeated. "He killed mine, didn't he?" Aelora was quick to answer and glance to Aemond. "And I'm sure the attack in the Gullet was upon someone's order." The queen spoke, meaning on King Aegon and his Hand; Otto Hightower.

"Whatever decision you made, I am giving you the rest of the day to think of your decision. After, of course, I am done handing Aegon my offers." Aelora stated and questioned the two men one last time; if they do not wish to do this, they can return to their homes. Aemond and Cregan glanced to each other then back to Aelora, sending her a nod of approval as the queen bit inside of her lip to stop herself from smiling.