22

CLOSE OF THE DAY approached Dragonstone as their princess watched the sundown with hers and her family's dragons roaming through the clouds

CLOSE OF THE DAY
approached Dragonstone as their princess watched the sundown with hers and her family's dragons roaming through the clouds. Aelora had her mind stuck on the betrayal of Aemond as a shed of tear slid down her cheek. The princess heard footsteps approaching and quickly wiped it away.

"May I join you, princess?" Cregan questioned as Aelora kept her glance onto the dragons, "Of course, my Lord." She glanced to him with a smile which he returned.

After a minute of silence, the lord glanced into the sundown and spoke, "The morrow's weather will be nice..I suppose."

Aelora; confused by his words, glances to him with a cocked eyebrow, "What makes you so sure of that, Lord Stark?" She questions. Cregan took a slight breath and pointed to the sky, "When the sky is coloured in beautiful red just as the sun sets, whatever bad weather is probably moving away. However, if you see it in the morning, that means it is coming towards you."

Aelora was impressed by his knowledge. "That is very impressive for someone who lives in the North." She spoke with a chuckle and glanced into the beautiful reddish sky. Cregan lets out a laugh with her chuckle, "I had heard about your brother, Princess. Please, accept my condolences."

Their talk turned into a very emotional as Aelora simply sent him a nod. "I know how it is..loosing a brother." Cregan stated which saddened the young princes. Aelora noticed the two did have a lot more in common interest, being closer in ages.

"I'm sorry to hear that. But what saddens me the most is that..my brother was wronged by his own family. His own blood. Yes, Lucerys, did much worse to.." Aelora could not find herself saying his name.

Cregan glances to her, noticing how she tried to say his name but couldn't. "Prince Aemond?" He questions. "Y-Yes..." She mumbled out. Cregan noticed the sad expression on Aelora and immediately knew that the betrayal of the Targaryen prince had hurt her heart, and was saddened that with the extraordinary beauty and strength of hers; she wasn't betrothed or treated right by any man.

Aelora shivered at the thought of Aemond when they first visited Winterfell and the Lord noticed it. He took it into his own matter and slid off his coat before placing it around the princess. Aelora was hesitant at first, but the nights began to feel colder.

She sent him a smile of gratitude which the Stark returned. "Lord Stark, may I ask you something?" Aelora questions. Cregan motioned her to speak, "What...titles, am I given by the people? It's just..I wish to know how people see me."

Cregan lets out a chuckle and glanced into her dragons, "Well, my princess, they had named you many things. Such as; Lady Dragon, The Bronze Queen," Aelora smiled at the second title, knowing she had received it by riding the Bronze Dragon.

"..Beauty of Westeros." Cregan finally spoke and glanced towards the princess who was rather shocked by the name. Aelora smiles with a slight laugh, "The people see me as a beauty, because of my silver locks and violet irises...but, the most important beauty is inside. And, sadly..mine is not that perfect."

Cregan furrowed his eyes in confusion, "Nonsense, my princess. By all the Targaryen women I had met, you are as far the most beautiful one." This comment made Aelora smile.

"You may have not noticed, but when I saw you smile at the sight of children laughing, or how happy you feel with your dragons," Cregan started and motioned to the two dragons,

"or how determined you are into brining justice for every person that has been wronged. I had realised, You are a kind, caring and loving woman, but you also have your other side; The side that makes you what you are. The side every ruler should have. Nobody is perfect, princess."

Aelora smiled at his words and listened to them carefully. Did everyone see her this way? Not the way she saw herself? Yes, Aelora was a kind person, but the things she would do for her loved ones...people would saw her as an insane person. An evil person.

"I thank you for honouring me with your company, Lord Stark..." Aelora spoke and handed him his furry coat, "And for the words you have spoken. Have a good night." Cregan sent her a nod as she returned it with a smile. Aelora left as the lord watched her with awe eyes while her braided curly hair was slightly moving by the cold breeze.