25

AELORA SPENT THE REST of the day thinking about Aemond's request

of the day thinking about Aemond's request. Thankfully, the meeting quickly ended after her return inside and Daemon nor Rhaenyra questioned the one-eyed princes' sudden visit.

Aelora was in her chambers, sitting down on her bed with her grandsire's crown in her hands. She examined it and turned it, noticing all the details on it- the shiny colour of silver and gold and the three-headed dragon breathing fire in the middle of it. As she turned it around, Aelora recognised it was decorated with the sigils of the Great Houses; Lannister, Martell, Tyrell, Baratheon, Tully and Arryn..

The Silver Queen let out a sigh and slowly paced to the mirror in her chambers. She glanced at herself and back to the crown in her hands. Aelora lifted the crown above her head and placed it on her head. The Queen knew what she must do for the bloods on innocents not to be shed. She didn't wish to be Queen of ashes and bones.

______

The sun almost set as the moon was already rising in the starred sky. Aemond patiently waited for the Queen, standing beside the she-dragon as she rested on the ground. He first thought she wouldn't have shown, which didn't shock him as he betrayed and lied to her. However, Vhagar lifted her head from the ground and changed everything.

The Bronze Fury was shown flying through the clouds as he passed the prince and its dragon before turning around and landing in front of them. Aemond kept his smile hidden upon seeing his queen glance down to him before climbing down off her dragon.

Meanwhile, Vermithor kept close to his rider and sent a glare with a low growl towards Aemond. Aelora stood next to his head and rested her hands in front of her stomach as she motioned him to speak.

"You're late." Was the first thing he spoke, but it wasn't meant as an offensive statement but as a shocking one. Aelora was never late, she was always a woman who was on time. The queen sent him a fake closed smile with a blink of her eyes, "I have duties to perform. You would've known that, if you were King." She stated.

Aemond let out a chuckle as he shook his head slightly with his hands being rested on his lower back. Aelora lightly raised her eyebrows and widened her eyes to his reaction. "And I thought you would already avenge your brother. I guess we're both disappointed."

Those words stabbed Aelora in the heart. "Says a traitor to his own blood. You already left me, what makes the Greens so sure, you won't abandon them either?" She spoke with a calm voice and upon Aemond's silence, she let out a questioning hum.

"Then why did you come? To yell at me again? To let Vermithor burn me alive? Hm? Go on, tell me." Aemond questions, making his way to her as Aelora kept calm with her chin risen. "I came to make a bargain, not to listen to how insulting you felt when I lashed out my anger on you." She spoke.

Aemond motioned her to speak as she began. "This war can be won with many different methods," Aelora spoke and began circling around him like a wolf on its pray. "Burning down lives of many innocents, Sending other men to kill my enemies, or the one I find the most difficult one. With a decision to be made."

Aemond lifted his eyebrow down at her as she stooped in front of him, "A son, for a son. Or in our case...a brother, for a brother."

Aemond bit onto the insides of his lip, being even more attracted to this side of Aelora. "You wish to avenge your brother..by killing me?" He leaned down to her as Aelora kept herself steady. She shook her head, "No."

"Truth be told, I wish for you not be killed. You would become a very important part in my plans..." Aelora stated. "And what are those plans..your grace?" Aemond straightened his posture and waited for her answer.

"Maghagon issa se bartos hen Aegon. Pār, skori nyke jāhor sagon dāria hen sīkuda dārȳti, gūrogon issa naejot zaldrīzesdōron se mazverdagon issa aōha ābrazȳrys.." (Bring me the head of Aegon. Then, when I will be Queen of The Seven Kingdoms, take me to Dragonstone and make me your wife.)

Aemond felt shivers sent across his spine by her request. Sometimes, he felt Ser Criston's statement was true and the prince was under her spell. But, with those violet irises Aelora was looking at him with, no man wouldn't be able to resist her..yet to have a chance to marry her.

"If you wish to be loved by me again, and have regain my trust..you'll need to bring me your brother's head. A son for a son, a brother for a brother. Decline my offer and you will suffer with them." Aelora made her promises clear and heard, not stuttering for one bit. Yes, she was still loving the prince even after the betrayal he put her through, but winning the war was more important.

Aelora turned and walked back to Vermithor who was still sending death glares to the one-eyed man. "You will have time by the next full moon to give me your answer. If you accept or decline, bring your sister Helaena and her children, they will be placed upon my watch and not be hurt during the battles." Aemond simply kept his eyes on her as she left without a word.

He smiled to himself on how much she had grown into a strong woman, and would love to see her be even a better Queen. A Targaryen woman on the Iron Throne, with two war dragons and the rider of the Largest dragon by her side. Aelora would be unstoppable.