The girl in the shadow

-

Valera Cameron, identical twin sister to Sarah Cameron, always lived in her sisters shadow alongside her older brother Rafe and her younger sister, wheezie.

She was the opposite of Sarah but almost the same in some ways, she was chaotic and wild, and she had an adventurous soul that lead her to JJ Maybank, her best friend, and partner in crime.

It was by mere accident how they met. They were both hiding from different people.

Valera was hiding from the cops,and JJ was hiding from Kooks, Rafe, and his goon squad as JJ likes to call them.

"..Valera Cameron, what are you doing here?" JJ question, narrowing his eyes at her, and Valera was startled by him as she didn't expect anyone to be hiding at the same spot she was.

It was a tight spot, but she didn't see JJ.

"I'm hiding from the cops, and how do you know I'm Valera and not sarah?" Valera asked, raising an eyebrow at JJ, who chuckled.

"That's my secret." He winked at her, and Valera chuckled,

"Who are you hiding from?" Valera asked, and JJ scoffed ,

"Your brother and his goon squad." He made himself comfortable next to Valera, their shoulders touching their arms,

Valera smelled a mix between vanilla and honey, a weird mix, but she smelled sweet.

"Sarah sprayed different perfumes on me this morning," Valera spoke as if sensing what JJ was thinking.

"Rafe, let me fend for myself." She added with a small chuckle,

"You smell nice.. I mean, the perfumes smell nice. Yeah, they smell nice." JJ replied, a small smile on his face.

"Thanks." Valera smiled.

That was the day Valera became one of the Pogues JJ voted her in, and when JJ did , John B and Pope instantly accepted her into the group, and then Kiara joined.

At first, Kiara didn't like Valera in the group, but the boys stood up for Valera, especially JJ.

Kiara took a couple of days to warm up to her, but after she did, they became best friends.

Valera helped the Pogues whenever they were in trouble with the kooks, and they helped her whenever she was running from the cops.

Valera's life was okay-ish, having fun with her friends, seeking her father's approval, blackmailing Rafe into doing things for her like her chores.

Her life was okay until the hunt for the gold began, and her whole life was turned upside down.

-

"P4L"

-

-
"Our mission this summer is to have a good time all the time."
-

-
The girl in the shadow starring
-