26.

-

"..what's wrong with him?" JJ questioned, gesturing to Rafe, who was shivering on the couch, clenching his eyes shut.

Valera was kneeling beside him, her eyes full of worry. "..nothing, he's fine."

Rafe wasn't. He was going through a withdrawal from the drugs. He hadn't had some since the incident on the ship.

Valera knew that, but nobody else did, and nobody else needed to now. Rafe didn't need anyone knowing his business.

She wanted to call Barry and tell him to get his ass over with the good stuff, but she couldn't.

"He doesn't look so good." Sarah commented, standing beside Valera, looking down at Rafe with worried eyes.

Rafe groaned, "...Fuck off, Sarah." Valera brushed some of his hair to the side,

"He sure does look fine." JJ sarcastically said, rolling his eyes.

"He was shot, and he's in pain. Just leave him be." Valera snapped, and JJ raised his hands, scoffing.

"Whatever."

"Val.." rafe quietly said, and Valera looked at him ,"I know, I know." She whispered.

She needed to get him drugs. Rafe wasn't going to last long.

"The storm passed, " John B spoke up, looking away from the window. "Which means it's time."

"Okay, then what are we waiting for?" JJ questioned, glancing around , before his eyes settled on Valera.

"Valera, you coming or staying?" JJ asked, and Valera looked at him before looking at Rafe.

"I'm coming." She stood up, and JJ snorted, "That's what she said." He muttered.

"What about Rafe? We can't leave him alone." Sarah said, gesturing to Rafe, who raised his hand, flicking her off.

"Fuck off, I don't need a freaking babysitter. Just go away, and let me have some peace and quiet." Rafe grumbled out.

"Fine by me. Let's go." JJ said before he walked out, followed by the others, but Valera stayed behind for a second.

"Val.."

"I'm sorry for everything," Valera told him and leaned down, pressing a kiss to the side of his head.

"Ew." Rafe mumbled but with no heat behind it, and Valera chuckled, "I'll get you the good shit, I promise you."

"You fucking better."

Valera walked out, closing the door behind her, and faced the others, who were all staring at her.

"What?"

"Um.. nothing, you're just..." Pope trailed off,looking at the others for help.

"You look like you came out of a horror movie." Cleo spoke up, and the others nodded.

Valera glanced down at herself, noticing that she had blood stains on her shirt and shorts.

"It's not mine." She quickly said, and it was only half the truth.

Most of the blood was hers when she opened her stitches carrying Rafe into the car.

She just patched it but didn't do much as she used all the medical supplies on Rafe.

She was fine. She was worried about Rafe, and Rafe was all that mattered to her besides Kiara and Kai, of course.

"Let's go." She said, walking away. She took JJ'S bandana as she walked by him and wrapped it around her wrist, hiding her scar.