5.

-

There was no gold on the royal merchant. It was a huge disappointment, but the pogues were not giving up just yet.

Valera had gone home to shower and change her clothes before heading back to her friends.

It seemed like nobody was home except Rafe was, and Valera knew that since she saw his motorcycle outside.

She took a quick shower and changed her clothes before heading downstairs, humming her breath as she went to the kitchen.

Deciding against coffee, Valera made hot chocolate.

As she waited for the hot chocolate to be done, she decided to sing very loudly and very badly.

She smirked to herself as she heard loud footsteps, "Oh my god! Stop singing!"

Valera turned around and smiled at Rafe ,"now why would I do that?"

"Because you're singing very badly, and it's hurting my ears." Rafe replied, sitting down,

"Well, in that case, I'm just gonna keep singing." Valera replied, and Rafe rolled his eyes

"Why do you have to be so annoying?" He questioned, annoyed, and Valera smiled at him, passing a cup of hot chocolate that she made.

"Why do you have to beat up my friends?" She asked, and Rafe rolled his eyes, "That was years ago!"

Valera huffed out a chuckle, "That was yesterday."

She hid her grin behind her mug as Rafe went to take a sip of the hot chocolate before he almost spit it out.

"What the fuck!?"

Valera let out a laugh, "Oh my god! Your face was priceless! I've should've been recording."

Rafe glared at her before standing up and taking Valera's cup of hot chocolate. "Hey!"

"What? You ruined my hot chocolate, so I'm taking yours." Rafe told her, as he took out a chocolate bar from the secret stash of candy they had in the kitchen.

The only ones who knew about that secret stash were Rafe, Valera, and wheezie.

Rafe opened it, and Barley even took a small bite before it was snatched from his hand, and he looked at Valera, who was eating the chocolate bar.

"What? You stole my donut," Rafe rolled his eyes at his sister, who was still using that as an excuse. "Plus, you still need to apologize."

"You ate my chocolate bar. Why would I apologize to you? " Rafe questioned , placing the mug down and crossing his arms over his chest, glaring down at Valera, who ate the last piece of the chocolate bar.

"You ate my donut, you beat up my friend over a case of beer, I think you should apologize." Valera told him, her smile disappearing.

"We're even now, you ate my chocolate bar." Rafe replied, and Valera sighed

"Seriously, Rafe, what the hell were you thinking?" Valera questioned, frowning, the mood becoming serious, now.

"I was thinking that some pogue was touching my sister. So, I had to defend her." Rafe replied with a small shrug.

"I can defend myself, just ask Topper. Plus, you made sure that I knew how to defend myself. " Valera told him

Rafe rolled his eyes, "so what? I'm the big brother, it's my job to protect you, val, it's always been my job."

Valera sighed, "Rafe, they're my friends. They are the only friends I've ever had, the only ones whom Sarah didn't take, the ones that want me for me,"