14.

-

"...guilty." The courtroom erupted into chaos. The pogues are the loudest, shouting their protest.

Valera was pulled up by her arm by shoupe. His grip on her arm was tight, and Valera looked back at her friends before her eyes went to her family.

Her eyes met Rafe's, and she couldn't tell what his emotions were as he seemed to be hiding them well.

Wheezie was crying, shaking her head as Rose comforted her. Ward was disappointed, it showed, and Sarah was crying, begging the judge to change his mind, but it was no use.

"Walk." Shoupe pushed her, and Valera stumbled, and she threw him a glare.

"Hey! What the hell, man? I saw that!" JJ shouted at shoupe, and shoupe just looked at him.

"Walk. Now." Shoupe demand, and Valera scoffed under her breath ,"Maybe If you ask a little nicer."

Shoupe pulled her, dragging her, "Hey, jackass!"

No one was fast enough to stop what happened next.

Pope had jumped over and curled his hand into a fist, and just as shoupe turned, his fist connected with his face.

The courtroom was silent, and Valera looked at Pope with slightly wide eyes. She didn't know he could do that.

That was so unlike Pope to do something like that.

"Oh, shit!" JJ let out a laugh, and Pope let out a small chuckle, looking at Valera before he tackled by cops.

"Pope!"

Shoupe glared at the teens before he took Valera away.

"..you Damm brats." Shoupe muttered under his breath.

"Can't say you didn't deserve that." Valera told him, and shoupe glanced at her, scoffing.

"I expect that from maybank." Shoupe confessed, and Valera chuckled,

"Guess we're all just full of surprises, right?"

"For someone on death row, you seem pretty happy." Shoupe grumbled, and Valera grinned at him.

"Seeing you being punched made by week."

🌊

"..dad, we have to do something, we can't let Valera go to jail!" Sarah said, pacing back and forth.

The cameron family were back at their house as Pope had been arrested, and the pogues were trying to get bail money for him.

"It's too late. She's already going to jail. She made her decision and now let her deal with it." Ward replied

Sarah looked at him in disbelief. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"What? Are you serious!? She's taking the fall for something that Rafe did! She's getting a death sentence, dad!" Sarah agrued,

"Do you know the date? Huh? Because I do! Our birthday! She's going to get killed on our birthday in public!" Sarah told him

"I'm sure it's not in public." Rose spoke up, and Sarah scoffed.

"It's an open execution! Pretty much a fucking public execution." Sarah snapped at her.

"Watch your language, and watch how you speak to her." Ward told her, and Sarah looked at him.

She crossed her arms over her chest, "or what? Are you gonna hit me like you hit Valera? Huh?"

"My twin sister is taking the fall for something she didn't do. She's going to die, and you don't even care! What if it was me, huh?" Sarah questioned