8.

-

The chatter among the small restaurants brought back happy memories for Valera as she entered.

It was the wreck. Kiara's parents owned the restaurant. Kiara sometimes works there, and the pogues hung around inside a few times, eating, chatting, and just being happy and carefree, having no worries.

It was early in the morning, and people came to pick stuff up or leave stuff.

Valera had texted John B to meet up with her at the wreck, a place they were both familiar with.

She sat down near a corner and waited, watching as people came and went.

Minutes ticked by before hours did, and Valera had spent her whole morning and afternoon at the wreck waiting for John B to show up, but he never did.

She had sent him numerous texts, but not once had he replied back.

She was worried at first, but then she saw the messages on read, and she huffed under breath before deciding to leave the wreck.

She spent a whole day waiting for John B only for him to ignore her? It wasn't like John B, but maybe Sarah was with him?

People usually ignored her in favor of being with Sarah, except for Topper. Topper always seemed to include her in something even if Sarah was around.

"..princess, is that you?" A smile appeared on Valera's face as she heard the familiar voice behind her.

She turned and saw Dawn standing behind her with a bag in hand. He wore dark shorts with a grey t-shirt and sunglasses on his head.

"Dawn, hey! I won't cry on you today, promise." Valera said, and Dawn chuckled,

"No worries. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I have two." Dawn replied , and Valera let out a small laugh as they two started to walk next to each other.

"So, what'cha doing out here alone, princess?" Dawn questioned, and Valera smiled, faltered a bit,

She let out a sighed, " Well, I was gonna meet up with a friend, but they never showed up, so now, I'm..probably gonna get some ice cream, watch some horror movie, and hope it makes me feel better."

Dawn threw an arm over Valera's shoulder,pulling her close, "Well, whoever this friend is, can go f themselves, and I have the perfect plan for you to get over."

"What kind of plan?" Valera questioned, and Dawn grinned down at her.

🌊

"..I never really did ask you about your family, did I?" Valera questioned, her voice a little slurred.

Dawn's idea of forgetting was simply getting drunk and dancing.

The two of them were currently on the roof, just sitting and watching the stars in the dark sky.

Stupid idea to be on the roof while drunk, but Valera had some way more stupid things than being on the roof drunk.

Dawn hummed, taking a swing of his beer. He had switched out the tequila bottle for a beer.

"Well, there's my dad, he's such an asshole, so fucking strict, claims music isn't really a profession, just a waste of time, fuck him!" Dawn said,

"Fuck him! Music is awesome, dude!" Valera said, giggling as Dawn let out a small laugh,

"Then there's my mom, always judging my life choices, always saying that people would judge us because of me, like I give a shit, I can dress the way I want, and say what I want, and do what I want,"