22.

-

Rafe was always right.

That was the one thing that Valera learned in the last couple of hours. Rafe was always right, and she should always listen to him, that what she would say if Rafe caught her again, just to make his ego bigger than it was.

Truth was, Rafe wasn't always right, and he was wrong most of the time.

Valera wasn't just gonna stop trying to find out what happened to her mother because her brother told her so.

Rafe was the one double crossing their father, which was the right thing to do, but he wasn't telling Valera everything.

Rafe was hiding something from her. There were more things at play here.

Valera was just more interested in what happened to her mother than everything else that was going on.

Which is why she broke into the hospital with the help of Kai.

Kai's job was to distract the nurse while Valera snuck in and got a look at her mother's files.

If it was true, if her dad did kill her mother, and the cops found her body, then there has to be some records of it.

If she couldn't find anything in the hospital, then the police station was next.

It was easy sneaking inside of the hospital while it was nighttime. There weren't many doctors or nurses at night.

As Kai was distracting the nurses with his charms and good looks. Valera was trying to find her mother's file.

"Come on, I need some good luck here." She muttered to herself before she grinned as she found the file.

"Yes!" She glanced around and chuckled to himself ,"my good luck starts now."

Valera opened the file, "birth records, birth records, birth records, birth records," she mumbled to herself, "birth records, and birth records..." She paused

"Wait, what?" She went back, "One, two, three, four, five?"

Her mother had given birth five times, but it couldn't be true. She only had four kids.

"No, um..Rafe, check, uh, Sarah and i check, wheezie check....Jesse James cameron?" Valera muttered to herself in confusion

Valera looked back at the files and went to the camerons and there, behind hers, stood a file with the name J. James cameron.

She pulled out the file and opened it.

"Jesse James cameron born on...holy shit...what the actual fuck? No, no, no way, no freaking way." She shut the file and grabbed her bag, putting it inside along with her mother's bag.

She quickly exited the room and walked down the hallway, passing Kai, who saw her.

She rushed out of the hospital, and Kai quickly caught up with her.

"Hey, what happened? Did you find anything?" Kai questioned, and Valera glanced at him

"I found something... big, but I can't go back to Topper's house, I need to stay somewhere else." Valera replied, and Kai nodded.

"Okay, um.. I think I know a place."

🌊

It was a small empty abandoned shack, but nonetheless , it was a place where Valera could lay low for a while.

"So, what did you find?" Kai questioned, and Valera sighed before pulling out the files and placing it on the table that covered in dust.

She coughed a little before clearing her throat.