21.

-

Valera knew she should listen to Rafe and rest, wait until she was fully healed but the mystery of what happened to her mother was just eating her alive from the inside and she just couldn't stay still.

So, like any good little sister, she didn't listen to her older brother. Sure, she wasn't fully healed, but just as long she doesn't open her stitches, she'll be fine.

The first thing she had to do was break into her father's office. Well, it wasn't really breaking in if she had a key.

She just swiped it from Rose a while back. Rafe made her steal cash from Ward for his drugs.

It was easy to sneak in since nobody was home. Maybe while she's at it, she could pack some clothes since Topper had zero sense of fashion.

Valera decided she'll pack some clothes first before going into Ward's office. Just in case, he came home early, and she had to make a quick exit.

Valera walked into her room and paused by the door, seeing her room completely destroyed.

"Seriously?" She whispered, shaking her head before she walked into her room, grabbing an old school bag she had in her closet before grabbing any clothes that she saw until the bag was full.

She slung the straps over her shoulders before walking out of her room and towards Ward's office.

As she reached the office, she pulled out a key and unlocked the door before walking in, closing the door behind her, and locking it.

She glanced around the office as she made her way to the desk.

She sat down and leaned back against the chair, a small grin appearing on her face.

She cleared her throat, "I am Ward cameron, and I am sitting in my office, brooding and ignoring my children who are begging for my help, but I shall ignore them and let them sort themselves out, and oh, I might as well try and kill my daughter, oh, not the one I love but the other one, her twin,"

"And I shall have a glass of bourbon." Valera giggled to herself before she sat up and opened one of the drawers, going through it.

"Boring... extra boring...why are you so boring?" Valera sighed, closing the drawer,

"No pictures of mom.." She muttered to herself, standing up.

She hummed to herself, "If I was dad, where I put secret villain stuff." She asked herself.

"If I were a Disney villain, I would buy a cat and buy one for Rafe when he decides to spin in a chair again," she let out a small laugh,

"A big fluffy one with a mean look but actually is a sweetheart or maybe an orange cat, and maybe I should stop talking to myself." Valera muttered under her breath.

She looked around the office but she didn't find anything.

"God, all I found was that dad is such a boring man when he's not trying to kill someone." Valera mumbled to herself, letting out a sighed.

She walked out of the office, locking it before heading downstairs, and she paused by the end.

"...your brother missed up on his wording. At first, I thought it was a mistake, but then I saw him bringing a cake to that idiots place, and I know for a fact, your brother doesn't just bring cake for anyone."

Kai was sitting on the couch, and he stood up, and he walked over to Valera.

He smiled at her ,"Hey."

Valera smiled at him, "Hey."

Kai pulled Valera into a hug, tightly embracing her.

"Don't you ever fake your death on me again." Kai whispered, and Valera hugged him back, just as tightly.