6

2/15/24

Amara

I left their house last night more confused than before. They acted like I was the one who did all of this. They act like I ruined the family. Was I really the one to do it? I don't understand.

They wouldn't mention mom. They wouldn't even answer questions about their own lives. Why are they so full of themseleves? I thought mom would've taught them at least some manners.

I begin walking to the showers, washing off and getting dressed before walking to the cafeteria. I'm so done, I just want a snack. I step into the large room, and everyone turns to stare at me. Okay.. Guys. No need. Embarrassing..

I step off to the side and grab a few snacks, walking to the table Darius and I normally sit at. I stare directly at the small table, and I start to get sad as Darius laughs with Kaycee. Are you serious? No way.

I gulp back tears, and throw the food on the floor before running to my dorm. I hear Darius yelling for me, but I ignore him and run straight to the door.

As I step into my cold room, the air brushes across my face, and the feeling seems uneasy. I look around my room as I close the door behind me, becoming anxious at the weird feeling in my stomach. It feels like someone is here..

I walk into the room and turn towards my closet, slowly opening the door before jumping back.

"You're back." The main headmaster we have on duty stares at me curiously. Isn't this Sam's dad?

I stare at him cautiously, "Yes.. I am. Why do you care? And why are you in my closet? Weirdo." I glare.

He chuckles, stepping out from my closet. "You ruined my marriage, you know that?"

My eyes shift from his face to the door, and the uneasy in my stomach doesn't ease at all. This is bad. "How did I do that.. We barely even talk.."

He glares harshly at me, "You were born!" He shouts, clenching his fists together.

I frown oddly at him, gulping back spit. "Uhm.. I'm sorry.." I mumble.

"Your mom is a cheater, Amara. I hope you know that." He narrows his eyes, staring at me disgustedly.

Mom cheated on dad? How could she.. "My mom? As in.. Clarissa Snaire?" I frown, hoping he got me mixed up.

He raises an eyebrow, "What do you mean?" He questions. "That's not your mom?" He stares at me, a completely confused glare on his face.

My heart sinks. "What do you mean that isn't my mom..?" I mumble.

"Nobody ever told you?" He questions bluntly, grinning before letting out a deep chuckle. "No way, that's even better than you knowing! Why don't you have Charlotte tell you? Thought she would've by now..."

My mind begins to wander as my heart begins pounding in my chest. What does he mean that isn't my mom? Who is my mom? Is dad actually my dad? I begin to panic. What? Before the headmaster can walk out of the room, I push past him and begin sprinting down the corridor. Tears begin falling from my eyes, and my boots clank against the hardfloor. I run past students, sobbing uncontrollably. What? What? No, no!

I push past the guards angrily, mumbling insults as they glare at me. I push myself into the training room, my eyes angrily fixating on Fawn, who is training. No.. this is the worst timing.

Fawn stares at my broken expression, setting down the gun she has held in her hands. "Amara...?"

"GET OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT FAWN! I HATE YOU!" I scream, all the emotions I've been holding in spilling out in the wrong way.

Her eyes slowly become less bright, and she rushes out of the room crying.

I stomp onto the floor, grabbing the rack of bats and knocking it over. "FUCK! FUCK! HOW DARE YOU NOT FUCKING TELL ME?!" I scream at Miss Charlotte who is currently stood still, holding onto the desk anxiously.

Tears fall from her dark brown eyes, and she pushes her blonde hair behind her ear. "I didn't know how, I'm sorry, kid." She cries softly, staring at me.

I stare at her in utter belief, "YOU'RE A LIAR! YOU PROMISED YOU TOLD ME EVERYTHING! YOU FUCKING LIED TO ME!" I scream, grabbing at my hair angrily. "YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T KEEP ANYTHING FROM ME!" I begin to break down.

Miss Charlotte gulps back her tears, kneeling to the floor. "God, Amara. I'm so sorry, I should've been a better mom. I know I should've, I'm so so sorry."

Better mom?

• /\ ---------------------------------------------------- /\ •

a/n: bro idfk.

VOTE NOW

Short chap + sadness. bro idek anymore

BYE BYE