14

3/5/24

Fawn

I fall to my knees, tears already pouring from my eyes. "She can't be in a coma." I mumble to myself, feeling suffocated by all the confusing emotions I have.

"It's your fault." My headmaster chimes in on the conversation I was having with Amara's doctor, and the words leave a sting in my chest.

I start to get a bit angry, but the overwhelming sadness I feel makes it hard to feel anything else. "I would never kill Amara's family. I could never hurt her like that." I choke out.

The headmaster chuckles, cracking his nuckles. "Then take the punishment you'd be given." He smiles, grabbing the whip attached to his belt. He shoos the doctor, and he runs off, probably not wanting to see.

I wince as I stare at the whip, thinking of the countless injuries I've seen people get from them. I gulp, "I know. I'd rather die than ever hurt Amara. I'd never be a little bitch like you." I spit.

The headmaster's smile fades, and his face heats up with anger. He pulls the whip back, ready to slap it against my cheek. "What was that, Ms. Hart?"

"I said, I'd never be a little bitch like you. You have to use a fucking whip to scare people. You train kids and act like you're the fucking boss. But in reality, if you were a regular man, you'd probably be middle-aged and working for a fucking gas station." I sneer.

His eyes widen, "You're a stupid, ungrateful, annoying brat." He quips back, moving closer to me with the whip.

I smirk, "Kinky, yeah? Even while holding a whip?" I ask softly, internally wanting to puke.

While his face flashes with disgust, and while he's distracted, I grab the whip from his hands and push him to the floor, a smile on my face.

He yelps, falling face first, and before he can get up, I take the whip and slam it directly across his back. "NO! STOP! OW! OW!" He screams out of terror.

I slam it against him repeatedly, stopping after around five or six times. "I think you're forgetting, I'm an assassin. Trained to kill, inflict pain, and always fight back. Out of your book of rules, correct? So as I may be.. what was it? Stupid.. Ungrateful.. Annoying.. And what? A brat? I'm still better at fighting than you, you fucking bitch." I spit at him, whipping him one last time before running out of the room.

He tries to get up and run after me, but the whelts on his back will probably last years. Scarring will be a bitch, too.

I run down the hall and fall into a very anxious Mr. Martin. "O-oh.. S-sir.." I gulp. I may have just taken the headmaster down, but Mr. Martin is like the dad I never had. It's different.

He eyes me, "Why are you running so fast?.." He asks, voice worried.

I hesitantly stare at him, "I'm in a lot of trouble.." I mumble.

"Come with me, now. I know where you can hide." He states calmly, rushing me to the staff only area. "Now, I'm so sorry, Fawn. You're like a daughter to me. You and Amara, okay? I hope I protected you like I promised to your father." He almost cries a little.

My eyes begin to water, "My dad? I thought.. No, wait. Martin, why are you saying all of this?" I question anxiously.

Martin frowns, "I was friends with your dad, Fawn. He told me to protect you and anyone you loved because he knew that he would die of cancer."

My heart shatters, and I pull Martin into a hug. "Where are you going?" I almost begin to sob now.

Martin shakes his head, "Just trust me, Fawn. You have to, okay? The only other guards you can trust are Atlas, Kit, Jay, and Remi. I love you, Fawn. I could never have kids, so I'm glad I could have you as one for years. Thank you, kiddo. You made me realize I love kids, but I probably won't want them in my next lifetime." He laughs.

I laugh a little, now tears streaming down my cheeks. "My dad was right for trusting you. I love you." I cry.

He pushes me away slightly, "Goodbye, Fawn." He says before pushing me into the room.

Guards rush in, and they all hold guns to him. "WHERE IS FAWN HART?!" They scream at him angrily.

He shakes his head, "You'll have to go through me before you get to her. And I'll protect her forever, even if it's the last thing I fucking do."

And as a shot goes off, I hear a thump against the door. He knocks on the door three times. And my heart breaks, knowing it's a sign to run, but also a way to tell me one last time,

"I love you."

• /\ ---------------------------------------------------- /\ •

a/n: sorry guys he's gone. vote or fawnie dies next😔😔.

COMMENT TOO PLS !!!!

BYE BYE BYE BYE