11

3/3/24

Kaiden

I toss and turn in my large bed, a feeling of uneasiness making it hard to sleep. I frown and sit up, gulping anxiously as I get even more nervous. Ever since Amara came back, things have been weird. Unsettling. I've felt in danger. I don't know if she'll ever come back, or if she'll ever come kill us, and that thought makes me want to throw up.

I hear some loud slamming from down the hall, and I immediately think the worst. Camilla!

I uncover myself and quickly storm down the hall to her room anxiously. "CAMILLA!" I yell, opening her door.

She stands there nervously, staring at me as sweat covers her forehead. "Kaiden.. Hi.. I was just moving my bed around and stuff." She says quietly.

I gulp, glancing around the room as I see her closet door shut but messed with. She never calls me Kaiden either.. "Cam, I told you not to be so loud at night."

She nods, "I know, my mistake!" She laughs awkwardly, fiddling with her hands. I look at a small cut on her arm. Wait... She's hurt!

Camilla gulps back tears, shaking slightly from anxiety. "Why don't we have a sleepover in our room tonight? Just like old times!" She smiles.

I nod, "Yeah, that's nice.. I can go in the closet to grab our blankets."

She shakes her head, "No, no! I think they're in your room." She shoos me.

I mumble an 'Okay' before I pretend to walk out with her. I push her through the door, shutting and locking it as I stare at the closet. "Come out, Amara.."

Instead of Amara, a boy with curly brown hair and dark brown eyes stares at me, his cold, dead eyes almost unbearable to look at. "I'm not her, luckily.." He mumbles softly, a small smile on his lips.

I step back and try fiddling with the doornob to unlock it. "W-what did y-you do t-to Amara.." I stutter.

He smirks, "She's alive, just not doing her duties like she should be. She thinks she can defeat the system! But without her poor precious brother and lovely girlfriend Fawnie, she will fall into one of her lovely depressive episodes, and everything will go back to plan. She won't be able to ruin everything. She'll stay in her place as the assassinator. She will be the best and craziest killer, the star of the revolution." He laughs maniacally.

"I believe in her, even if you... Or Camilla, or anyone else doesn't." I demand, staring straight into his confident eyes.

He chuckles, stepping full out of the closet. "So you won't make this easy, huh?" He frowns.

Camilla starts to push on the door, and he only laughs more. "Your sister doesn't want you dead. But I can't kill her, it has to be you. Because she doesn't believe in Amara, she wants her dead. If I kill you, one of her only hopes, she will be devastated. And you know what else I could do? I could tell her you hated her. That way, you could never tell her the opposite!" He grins.

I shake my head, "You won't do that because only one of us is making out of this room.. And that will be me."

He scoffs, "You? A twink boy? Against a trained assassin with a gun?" He smirks, pulling out the gun from the holster on his belt.

I gulp anxiously, fiddling with the door again to unlock it. "Listen, I'll do anything. Just please, don't kill me." I begin to beg, my eyes becoming teary.

The boy shakes his head, a fake frown on his lips. "Oh no, you already did enough." He nods convincingly, holding the gun straight up to me.

Anxiety spikes through me, and I stare at him with shock. I'm going to die. I'm going to---

A person comes hurling through the window, shattering it all over me as they hop on top of the boy.

Gunshots go off, and smoke is cleafing my vision, but I hear screaming. "DON'T TOUCH MY BROTHER!" I hear Amara scream, and I see a knife held in her hands. "DARIUS, STOP!"

Darius is his name.. Okay. I try to clear the smoke, coughing as I try to stand up. Anothee gunshot goes off, and Amara screams in agony as the bullet flies straight through her shoulder.

I wince and duck, scaredly looking around as Amara tries standing up, shoving her way back onto the boy named Darius.

They wrestle on the floor, and Darius grabs the knife out of Amara's hands to stab her, and she screams as the knife is lodged straight into her thigh. The thigh she got shot on.. No, no!

I try to interfere, but Amara shoves me away as she wobbles to hit Darius again.

He overpowers her and shoots again, shooting her in the other thigh. She falls limp and continues crying, clutching her wounds as she tries to fight back. "YOU ARE A TRAITOR! YOU FUCKING BITCH! YOU FUCKING TRAITOR!" Amara screams, sobs escaping her lips as she shakes, clutching her wounds.

Darius stands up, shaking his head at her. "Oh no, no, no. You're the traitor, Amara Snaire. And just like my father killed your father, I will kill you."

My heart sinks. Dad? I try to unlock the door, shaking as Darius turns to me. "You aren't escaping this time, Kaiden Snaire." He smirks.

Amara cries out to me, "I'm sorry, Kaiden, I'm so sorry. I love you, I promise. I'm so sorry, I can't take anymore." She sobs, bleeding a lot.

I stare sadly at my sister, tears falling from my cheeks as I drop down to the floor, "I love you, Amara. I promise." I mumble, and the gun is shot straight into my chest.

I start to gasp for air, clutching my chest as Amara screams. "NO! KAIDEN! I'M SORRY! I LOVE YOU! I SHOULD'VE BEEN STRONGER!" She sobs, trying to crawl to me.

Darius kicks her to the floor, bashing her already bleeding head to the floor, knocking her out completely.

As I stare at Amara, Darius climbs out of the window, Camilla finally opens the door, and I turn to her slightly.

"KAIDEN!" Camilla screams.

I smile weakly, "I love you, Cam..." I mutter, and I take my last breath.

• /\ ---------------------------------------------------- /\ •

a/n: :3.