Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Paige POV

I left the window open. I switched off the lights, but my eyes still saw everything, just not well. My canopy bed, complete with ornate curtains, was closed in to protect me from the hard wind that swept in and shook the curtains somewhat. I stayed and watched. She must have been able to detect my fragrance because the windows were open and my aroma was likely drifting across the woodland floor.

I didn't care what my father said. He can exile me for all I care. I want her. I want to visit her again, this time to have a better idea of who I will be with for the rest of my life.

Given her wolf's imprint, she still has her alpha genes circulating through her bloodline. I had heard the story many times. All this time, I believed it was just a made-up fantasy, but discovering that the fairytale was my mate had my wolf and me stoked.

I want to see her again. I must. If she doesn't arrive tonight, I'll scour the entire forest for her.

************

I jerked up when the wind smacked the window against the wall. However, when another gust of wind blew through the canopy bed curtains, I smelled it. Her fragrance. The odor from her sweat and the lovely scents of the land.

She was here!

But I stayed fixed in bed; I wanted to get up, but ideas began to race through my mind. What if she actually intended to harm me back in the forest? My ears and eyes widened as I heard the patter of her feet against the balcony floor.

I could see her plainly through the drapes, or rather, the wolf's gleaming coat. Her wolf was so tall. When she was at her rank, she must have been legendary, which explains why she was such a freaking story. She growled, and I cowered in my bed, afraid as a child, wondering of a monster in the closet.

But this was true. This was not a figment of my imagination.

Sebastian Vinson Wolf was right there. Big blue eyes looking directly back at me, the paws of her foot moving, sounding like heavy thunder, shaking my bed and causing the hinges on all doors and windows to rattle.

She snarled again, her nose smelling the air, and I heard her snort. She circled one side of my bed and then stepped to the opposite side. My eyes shifted in my mind from side to side. She groaned and whined as her bones started to pop back into place. The sound is unsettling to hear, and I'll be both excited and heartbroken when I have to shift. I have yet to shift.

I have yet to be marked.

Her towering stature almost reached above my canopy bed, and her footfall were no different from the heaviness of her paws. She moved to the front, her piercing eyes fixed on me. Her long claw peeked through the drapes as she yanked them down.

One of her knees sank into my bed, causing the metal underneath to groan and expand. She was all muscles, hefty muscles, and my bed was exactly the right size for my 90-pound physique.

I whimpered, and she snarled. Her gaze trailed over my body. The metal creaked even more as she slid over me, her hands resting on each side of my head. My nose was overwhelmed by the scent of her.

My wolf wanted to be touched and mated with her right immediately. I want to hurl myself upon her nude body.

She looked down at me, lowering her head gently until her nose was sniffing me. "Mate." She roared so loudly that it reverberated throughout the house.