Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Paige POV

My fingers clawed at my neck, thinking the mark would go, but instead I was left with a scraped up mark.

"It's like getting rid of a hickey; you don't get rid of it. If anything, that mark will shine up in the dark." Emilia spoke.

I huffed and flung the heated towel at her. She was correct; the mark resembled two blazing, crimson eyes looking through the black night.

"Will she come tonight?" She murmured so softly that not even a wolf could hear.

I don't know." Sliding into my bed next to her, I replied. "All hope is lost for me. She is going to reject me." I murmured.

I should have informed her straight away that I would be compelled to mate with someone else.

She grasped my hand. "You do not have to live with father. And his stupid waves, you may always be free with her and escape to another country."

"You know, father would use all of his might to ensure that my life was terrible." But I was glad to find that my sister was on my side, or so I thought. "Don't you have any of those sprays that can make this thing disappear?"

"No. But you may use the same spray to hide his scent, but because she is a real alpha, she will detect your scent."

I nodded, as all hope was lost.

I rested my head on her lap. "Do you believe Sebastian is a horrible person?"

"No. She was only being an overprotective wolf to her mate, and our father was also overprotective. So when two overprotective forces clash, it causes an explosion."

"I hate Dad." I stated it with absolutely no remorse.

"You don't." she said.

"I guess I do."

"You think that means there's a part of you that still loves him."

I shook my head.

"What do you think I should do?" I inquired.

"You may either play by Dad's rules or be banished. Believe me: half of us are on the point of being banished. We cannot appease him. The power has gotten to him. And I am only stating this, so don't take it too literally. When Alpha Sebastian was in charge, things were different. It was better." She stood up, kissed me on the forehead, and left me with my thoughts.

If it was better, why would my mother not agree to it? Most likely, was she afraid? My mother stepped in, and I flinched, terrified, as I was just thinking about her.

She had a fatigued expression.

She gave me a small smile when she noticed my failed attempt to remove the mark from my neck. I stood up from the bed and went to the chair, which usually faced the screaming black forest. I sighed as her warm fingertips moved through my hair.

"Did you enjoy your time with Alpha Ryan?"

"You're delirious, mom." I huffed. "He thrust himself onto me."

"He just wanted to make sure Sebastian didn't have a way with you."

"She's my mate; she's the one who was meant to get her way with me." And now that I think about it, I should have just let her go and dealt with the repercussions afterward.

I was more concerned about how she would react to seeing this mark than about my father's implications for meeting her again.

"I would really appreciate it if you could stand by my side, Mom." I whispered. "But you're only a fucking slave to him and his idiotic words."

I felt hot drips on my arms and looked up to see tears streaming down to the cliffs of her cheekbones. Seeing her tears enraged me, and I grabbed my comb from her. "Get out of my room!" I growled.

"I only want the best for you."

"You want the best? Go kill yourself. You are not worthy to be a fucking Luna, and my father is not worthy of being a freaking Alpha."

She hurried out of my room, leaving me brokenhearted, as my words appeared to pound her where it hurt and stick her really deep and hard.