Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Paige POV

It came as no surprise to me that Sebastian was innocent. I knew right away that she wasn't going to massacre innocent people and paint the town red. She may not have been innocent with a halo above her head, but she was innocent enough not to be exiled. However, with insufficient evidence and a damn video recording, it's just words vs words, and may the best words triumph, which would be my father's.

As I emerged from the shade of the trees, I noticed Emilia lying on her mate's back, her legs pulled around his body while he held hers. Her lips were at his ears as she muttered and chuckled.

"Break it up!" I snapped.

She glanced up, puzzled. I was jealous. "We need to talk."

"What's happened?"

"Nothing. Let us go for a stroll."

She carefully hopped off, Christopher backed up, and gave him a brief kiss on his flushed red cheeks. She turned around and clasped our arms together.

"I visited the elderly today." I murmured and looked around. "I learned a few things. But it is not enough."

She attempted to mask her disappointment. I rolled my eyes. "I understand; that is why I went alone."

"That area of the woods is perilous; rogues could have attacked you."

"And that would be Dad's fault. His he even considered to be a fucking father anymore." I was getting increasingly irritated.

My fist balled, and I winced as I felt my sharp nails slice into my delicate palm. Perplexed, I peered down, only to be faced by my claws. I extended out my hands. "Wha—"

"Don't worry, it's only a portion of your woof slowly leaking out. Nothing to be alarmed about."

"The elderly were part of the community. Don't you recall that?"

I wouldn't know because everything is changing due to my actions. Sebastian may have become the alpha of all alphas if I hadn't been born and he had found a more mature mate. I was essentially the large lump of coal that clogged her pipe.

"I know dad's a piece of trash, but we can't blame him for everything."

"They were here with us, but pushed to the side of the deep wolf, living like dogs. We, the community, can visit them whenever we need information. Don't you think that is a little selfish? They have wisdom."

"That father is not in need."

"Because he's your usual know-it-all, right?"

"What did they tell you about?"

"Sebastian is innocent. But it was decided in my father's favor. I believe our father intended to seize the alpha status from her."

"So he does everything he can to obtain it." She whispered.

"And that is to whine his eyes out."

"He won."

"He doesn't win. I asked the elders how to dethrone an alpha, and there is a method." I enthusiastically declared. My joy was immense at learning that there was a route.

"Well..." She motions for me to explain.

"That's the point; they knew, but they're not telling me."

"Do they?"

"They do. But I understand what we can accomplish. We can make them feel valued again. And one day, they'll tell us."

"One problem."

"There are just a few days left for you to be mates with Ryan; we don't have much time to catch up with them. We need to know everything instantly."