Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Paige POV

As soon as I saw Ryan, I felt like throwing up. He was horrible, and simply the way he behaved to his pack mates that tagged along made me realize this wasn't going to work.

My father was leading me in his direction, while my feet were deciding whether to run. "I want you to be on your best behavior today when you and him go on the picnic."

"What's the point of this picnic?"

"For you to get to know each other."

I rolled my eyes; I didn't need to know Ryan, who was already well-known.

Given how different he appears, as if he's jacked up with muscles, I assumed his Alpha status had been bestowed to him. It must. It was essentially his ideal job in high school.

He took a step closer, his arrogant sneer etched on his lips. His hand reached out for a shake. Was he attempting to seem professional?

"Please, Alpha Ryan You don't have to shake hands with her. You must demonstrate your power; you cannot for a single second show respect to them, particularly her. They took it and pushed it straight back into your face." My father elaborated. Ryan carefully withdrawn his hands.

I couldn't help but shiver in loathing as his gaze swept over my body.

At least it roamed and didn't stick to my chest.

"Beta Hall, bring the picnic basket."

His beta bows and turns away.

"The picnic place is merely a two-minute stroll into the forest, and the first open ground is there." My father directed. Almost everyone, with their right mate, has a picnic on the open grounds. It was only a tiny area of land with elegance, trees around it, and a small fountain with beautiful Koi fish, which I generally refer to as the fountain's ornamentation.

Ryan nodded. Ryan was attractive, and I believe he knows why he is so arrogant and believes that everybody wants him.

But I wonder whether he realizes that everyone has grown up and that we were not the litter unmate females looking for him—literally excluding me. I couldn't stand Ryan, and it seems that my father sensed my dislike for him, so I was compelled to 'hang out' with him. I am more inclined to desire to hang myself from one of the many trees.

Beta Hall reappeared, carrying a huge basket laden with fruits, meats, and wine. I looked aside and gritted my teeth.

"I'll leave you guys to it. My daughter can lead the way." My father murmured, leaving a cautionary touch on my shoulder.

It was the idea that if I screwed this up, he would most certainly screw me up.

I sneered, striding ahead of Ryan, but in the second, his big shoulders were visible right beside me. I groaned, and I knew he heard me. We follow the small, dirt trail into the woodland.

"I must say —"

"What's my name?" I snapped at the boy. He was not a man. He doesn't appear like a guy; he seems like a young puppy ready to have fun.

"Uhm."

My father neglected to properly introduce us, which was probably for the best because I didn't want to learn his dumb name and rank all over again. I want to relieve the pain in my ears.

"What is your name..." I could see we were having trouble remembering my name, which didn't bother me too much. The less we know about one other, the easier I sleep at night.

"It isn't important." I snapped.

We eventually arrived at the grassy opening site. I plop myself on my ass. We didn't have any trees to protect us from the sun because it was such an open area. I could hear sparkling clean water spurting out and hitting the lake's surface, providing a sense of serenity until Ryan snarled, ruining everything.

I gave him a nasty look since he was so near, I could smell his aroma and felt his fingers brush across mine.

He placed the basket in front of us, but I just stared at it because I wasn't hungry and it was too early. The last time I checked, it wasn't even midday.

"I know you."

"Of course you do." I grumbled. "We went to high school together, and what not." I believe Ryan and I had a few of classes together, and it was difficult not to recognize him when he was running through all those females like a bowling ball, smashing the pins.

"I mean, I know you have a pathetic story." He gritted. I looked up at him; he appeared to be steaming from his ears, or it may have been the sun, which had tanned his light complexion. Nothing about him appeals to me, not his golden eyes, his tall strong form, or his arrogant attitude—particularly the way he speaks. My wolf and I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I tilted my head to the side, hot tears collecting around my eyes.

"Your father informed me that you are enamored with that criminal."

"She is mine."

"Yeah, he also said, you'd say something like that, and he said to make sure you smelt like me."

"Excus—" my words stuck in my mouth as his hand gripped my hair and drew me to his wide, strong chest. "What—" he hurled me back to the cold grass, and I felt a few sheathed leaves brush over my ears and cheeks. From my neck to the openness of my chest, his sweaty fingers began their journey.

"Don't you dare touch you disgusting shit!" I bite, hoping to get out of this position, but he had me pinned tight, and I felt like a turtle attempting to flip over. "Let me go right now."

"You are a virgin!" He replied, amused, as he straddled my waist, his weight pressing my petite body farther into the grass.

"Don't you fucking touch me!" I yelled with tears. "I hate you!"

"Really!" He spoke, his hot breath assaulting my nostrils.

"Get off!"

I could hear his elongated teeth coming from his mouth. My eyes expand. "No!" My bloodcurdling shriek resonated. He grumbled, his grip on me diminishing slightly.

"It's only a small mark."

"Don't dare!" I warned, as if I could open heaven and earth if he would mark me right now.

My palm digs into his face, and he quickly binds them to my side. His head descended to my neck, and I felt the tip of his teeth embedded in my skin. I wiggled with discomfort.

"You've marked me!" I roared.

"It's just a small scrape; it'll go away in two weeks, and I'm hoping that by then, the actual mating will have occurred." His stubby fingers slipped beneath my skirts, I squeezed my legs together, and his palm became locked between my warm thighs.

"You're so hot for me."

I stretched for his hand, but instead he gripped my neck. "If your little banish mate comes and smells me on you, all hope is lost for you, her."

I quit struggling and accepted my fate; he was correct. Even though I could smell him on me, she was going to reject me. She will realize that all faith has been lost, and she will just reject me right there.