Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Paige POV

I leaped back out the window after hearing Ollie's desperate calls.

"What?"

"She's literally coming, the coward claims. She's driving?"

Does she drive? "How—"

"She's less than a second away?" She muttered as she pulled me back into the forest. After looking about for so long, I could feel her gaze, so I found it difficult to accept that she wasn't there.

We ran a few miles before coming to an abrupt halt. "What have you seen?" Ollie asked.

I shrugged. I wasn't sure what to tell them. I couldn't let her look bad, and tell that she has a bunch of pictures of, not just innocent ones, but those with me being naked, well since I've become an adult.

"She appears to be having a normal old life with the humans. I got to walk downstairs and peek out the window at the neighborhood. It's rather serene."

I was also not going to inform them that I had stolen a photograph of her from an evident little photo frame. It was an absurd decision, but I couldn't stop myself. She looks sexy, and even if I don't get to see her again, I can look at it.

"I want to see her again." I giggled.

"No!" Deno said frankly, and Ollie and I were left gaping at him comically. I didn't explicitly say that I was going to bring them along this time.

To find her, I simply leave breadcrumbs along the way.

"You cannot be with her."

"Excuse me!" I shouted at him, and Ollie growled at me. She was defending her partner. I understand that. But what I don't understand is that I could smell him preparing to inform my father where she lives.

"You wouldn't." I whispered.

He exhaled. "We won't." He mumbled. "But Ryan's a decent man and a powerful Alpha."

"No! I do not want him! I want her!" Why was no one listening? "He is a fucking jerk."

"She's right; he's a jerk."

"Your mate killed innocent people; do you want to be tied down with someone like that?"

"You sound exactly like my father. You are only listening to one side."

"After hearing her slaughter the innocent, there are no more sides to listen to."

I snarled and stormed up to him, but Ollie halted in front of me. "Just don't talk about where she lives." I scoffed.

***********

"Where were you? Your father was worried sick." My mother looked at all of our faces.

"We simply went on a run. "Right, guys?" I turned back to face Ollie and Deno. They both nodded. Ollie approached and pulled me into a hug. "I understand how difficult it is to accept this, but it is probably for the best."

I agreed reluctantly, intending to ignore it. I'm just not going to tell them what they already know, which was too much, and I may have endangered my mate.

How can I trust Ollie and Deno, especially Deno, not to chirp like birds at my father?

My mother and I began walking towards the enormous cafeteria, where we all eat together. "I was thinking that you and Ryan could go on a few dates." She clasped my hands enthusiastically and hopped around, her hair bouncing.

"I don't think so, Mom. I just don't believe I can have a date with a jerk."

Ryan and I went to high school. We have a high school where all the werewolves choose to pack up, and sure enough, humans surround us. Even yet, we still have groupings that are separate from humans.

Ryan was an evident athlete; he controlled that region, and he made it clear to all of us that he was destined to be an Alpha. I doubt he even has a partner; I've heard reports that he even rejected his mate in order to live a free life of sleeping with every girl. Why would I want to sleep with a mongrel like him?

"He loves you."

When I let out a big laugh, everyone turned to look. "Loves me! That dog dung just loves himself, and I will not mate with him."

"Please..." She pleaded to grip onto my arms. There was worry written all over her face. "You must forget about Sebastian Vinson."

"I won't."

"I do not want him to harm you?"

"Him?"

"Your father, and I can only protect you. He's an alpha; anything he says goes."

"That is poisonous. What he stated is not always necessary. I want my original mate."

"I am sorry. Ryan will arrive tomorrow, and then the procedure will begin."

"You're useless, mom. Fucking worthless." I shouted, and she flinched. I felt little bad afterward. "How can you sit there and let him do whatever the fuck he wants?"

"Because I'm the Alpha. I am free to do whatever I want?" My father's booming voice provided me with an answer. His claw bit into my shoulder, spinning me on my heels.

His golden ring of eyes glared at me with hate. I hope he died. After thinking that I didn't feel bad, I was little terrified, and a part of me wished he had died.

"I'm not afraid to deprive you of anything."

"Then do it." I challenged. But he didn't respond to my challenge and instead slammed the back of his palm in my face, sending me tumbling into my mother's arms. She attempted to hug me, but I pulled her away. I did not want her to touch me. Everyone's touch felt like sleeping in a jungle of poison ivy; all I wanted was her.

I hissed as he seized my face and yanked me to his eye level.

"I can't wait to have her blood on my hands. I promise you'll witness me tear her wolf apart and bathe my hands in her blood."