CHAPTER 4

There's a knock on the front door.

"I got it!" I hear Saoirse yell. I hear her run and open the door. "Hi Kal."

"Hi." His voice is just as cheerful as hers.

I hear him walk in and the door is shut. I feel his lips against mine, warm and pleasant as usual, and I smile.

"You always do that."

"Do what?"

"Smile when we kiss."

I smile again. "I can't help it. Your kisses are very enjoyable."

"I can't with you two sometimes." I hear Saoirse say from the kitchen.

I hear her walk over to us and she hands me a drink.

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

"So what do you want to do today?" I ask Kal.

"I'm thinking cuddles are in store for today."

"Ooo I agree. Great idea." I take a sip of my drink. Mmm. Lemonade. "Anything else?"

"I think we should do whatever comes to mind. Who says we have to have our day planned. Also, can I have some?"

I hand him the lemonade. "Fair point."

I let him have the rest of the lemonade. I wait for him to finish it and put the glass in the sink before going to my room. I plop down on my bed and I feel him do the same.

"You're room always fascinates me. It's just so empty. Like the most interesting thing you have in here is your bookshelf."

"Well yeah, the less stuff there is the less stuff I have to navigate."

"But you don't even have a dresser."

"There's no need. Everything is hung in my closet."

"So weird."

I lay down. "If you say so."

I feel him lay down next to me and I move closer to him. He wraps his arms around me and I bury my face in his chest and breathe in his scent. Always sweet. I feel him press a kiss to the top of my head and I tilt my face up towards his. I feel the warmth of his lips on mine and taste their sweetness. Everything about him is sweet and I love it. I smile as I tend to do and I kiss him again. I feel him tracing gentle lines on my back. He tends to do that when he's feeling a bit sleepy.

"You tired?"

"A little." I hear him yawn.

"Then take a nap. I'll still be here when you wake up. Plus, you get to spend the night anyway so we have plenty of time."

I hear him yawn again. "Okay." He pulls me closer and after a minute his breaths lengthen and even out. I eventually fall asleep too, comfortably wrapped in his warm embrace.

I wake up a bit later. My limbs are tangled with Kal's. I don't know if he's awake or not but I really have to pee. I carefully untangle myself from him and try to get up only to immediately be pulled back down.

"Nooo.." If he wasn't awake then, he is now. "Don't go..." So sad.

"I have to pee. I'll be right back." I get up again and this time he lets me go. I hear some shifting and a sigh before I leave the room. I guess he turned over.

I go to the bathroom, wash my hands, and go back to my bedroom. I lay down next to Kal and wrap my arms around him, hugging his back. He turns around and kisses me.