CHAPTER 12

We sneak back in before anyone wakes up and we go to sleep ourselves.

The next morning I wake up to Kal hugging me close. I shift and turn in his arms to face him and gently brush my fingers against his face.

"Good morning to you too."

I put my hand down. "Sorry. I didn't know you were awake."

"It's quite alright." I can feel his smile when he presses his lips against mine.

I smile as well when he kisses my neck. He kisses my neck more in different places. I just let out a small content sigh. He moves down to my chest and stomach, kissing those too.

"Feeling lovey this morning I see."

He kisses my shoulder. "Yeah. You just look so irresistible though. I just wanna kiss you all over."

I laugh. "Thank you? I would say the same but I don't think I get the freedom to say you look irresistible. You feel it though. Taste it too. Very sweet." I kiss him.

He lets out a small laugh. "That's enough for me."

I hear a knock on my door. "Boys, are you hungry? I made pancakes," Ma calls to us.

"Yeah, be there in a sec, thanks Ma."

I get up and go to my closet. I pick a shirt and put it on before going out. When I open the door I hear an "oh crap," from Kal."

"What?"

"I um.. I may have accidentally left some marks?"

"Marks?"

"Yeah, like um, like hickies?"

"Hickies."

"Yeah, small little bruises you get when-"

"I know what they are. How noticeable is it?"

"Very," I hear Saoirse say from my doorway.

"I honestly didn't mean to. Sorry Nick."

I just shrug. "I honestly don't care." I head towards the kitchen, but before I even get two steps in, I'm yanked back. "Hey!"

"You may not care but Kal might and Ma most definitely will," Saoirse hisses. "You're coming with me." And with that said, I'm dragged towards the bathroom.

"Saoirse sets me down on the toilet and I hear things being rattled and shuffled aroundKa

"Aha. Here it is."

Something cold is dabbed onto my skin and I flinch. "What is that?"

"Foundation. You're lucky we have the same skin tone and it has full coverage Mr."

I feel a sponge like thing being dabbed onto my skin around my neck and chest. Then something that feels like a really fluffy paint brush dusting me.

"What are you doing now?"

"Making it look natural. Hold still."

I sigh. Soon enough she's done and I hear things clattering again.

"Can I go and eat breakfast now?"

"Yes. Don't wipe your neck though ok? and it's cold enough you can change into a turtle-neck without it being suspicious, so do that later."

"Kay, I will, thanks." I get up and head towards the kitchen once again.

I sit down and start eating my breakfast. I hear someone sit down beside me. I know It's Kal when he rests his leg against mine and his hand brushes against my thigh. I shoot a smile in his direction and continue eating. His leg shakes as we eat and I rest a hand on his thigh. It stops shaking and he rests his hand on top of mine. I finish my food and take care of my dishes. Kal, at least that's who I assume it is, follows my lead and follows me back to my bedroom.

"I'm sorry," I hear him say.

"Why?"

"Well, I just got carried away and I didn't even stop to realize that I was leaving marks and-"

"Kal. Stop. Don't apologize. You're fine. It's ok. I'm not the slightest bit mad." I hold my arms out to take a hug. "Come here."

I feel his warm embrace and I wrap my arms around him. He doesn't know it, and I won't tell him, but this is how I take in his weight. I can tell he's losing it again. My arms reach further around him and he's a bit more boney than before a month ago. Sadness tugs at my heart and I hug him a bit tighter. I pull back and kiss him. His hands come to a rest on my waist and I smile. I rest my hands on his shoulders and we gently sway back in forth. There is no music, but we dance still.