CHAPTER 7

I talked to mk parents about helping Kal with his treatments. They immediately said yes. We paid the doctors and Kal started getting his medications about two weeks ago. I'm supposed to visit him today and that's what I'm currently getting ready for.

Before I can get my shoes on though I hear a knock on the door. I open it and am immediately tackled with a hug.

"Oh my goodness hi." I already know it's Kal.

His voice is muffled by my shoulder. "Thank you so much Nick. I can't believe you actually did that for me."

I hug him back. "You're the love of my life, why wouldn't I?" He says nothing, just continues to hug me.

I feel the familiar warmth of his lips on mine and I smile.

"I assume you're feeling much better than you were two weeks ago?"

"Oh most defiantly. I mean yeah I'm still a little sore in some places but at least I can breathe better."

"Where are you sore at?"

"Chest and lower back."

I gently place my hands there, a hand on his back and one on his chest. He places his hand over the one I have on his chest. His heartbeat is steady and strong. He takes my hand and kisses it then pulls me closer to him and kisses me.

"You two get a room," I hear Saoirse tell us playfully.

"We are in a room," I retaliate as I pull Kal to my room. I can hear him laughing at that.

As soon as we enter my room he pulls me into another kiss. This kiss is hungry, like he can't get enough. When I stop to breathe I can feel his hands slip under my shirt. He kisses my neck and I tilt my head to allow him to keep doing so. I hear the door shut and he guides me to the bed.

"Someone's feeling a little excited."

I hear him huff. "I can't help it. You're just so-" He kisses me. "-perfect."

I slip my hands under his shirt and take it off. "Well so are you." I trace my fingers over his body. "Hey, you gained some of your weight back."

"...Is that a bad thing?"

"Of course not. It's a good thing. It means you're getting better." I kiss his stomach.

He gently pushes me back onto the bed and kisses me.

"Aoife I'm going out!" Saoirse calls out to me.

Kal kisses my neck and slides his hands back under my shirt.

"Ok, try not to die!" I call out to her, keeping my voice fairly straight. I hear the front door shut.

I feel Kal tug at my shirt and I take it off. I feel and hear him unbutton and unzip my pants.

He was saying he was sore before we started but I think I'm going to be more sore after we finish. No regrets is what I told him and no regrets is what he's going by and that's perfectly fine with me.