Chapter 14: Wardrobe Malfunction

I woke up to screaming girls outside my door. Turning to Agatha, I could see her holding up her uniform in pieces. I opened my drawer, but my dress was just fine. We opened the doors and every girls uniform was shredded.

"My dress! It's RUINED!" Beatrix cried.

"Mine too!" said the other girls.

Evers from the other floors walked up the stairs and had the same problem. Everyone's dresses were torn up. Soon the whole school was woken up by screeching girls.

"There must have been an infestation of some sort for everyone's uniforms to be broken." said Agatha.

"I don't understand why mine isn't."

"That's odd, maybe you stored it in a better place than all of us?"

"It was in the same drawer you had yours in, this makes no sense. Who would cut up everyone's uniforms, except mine?"

"I'm not sure."

All of the school faculty had soon made their way up the stairs to find out what was going on.

"What is the meaning of all this noise?" asked Professor Dovey.

"Our clothes were ripped to shreds!" answered Beatrix.

"All of us, except Athena." Reena corrected.

"Oh dear, what could have caused this? Classes are cancelled this morning. Girls, make your way to the library or the Groom Room while we sort this out. Athena, you stay."

I watched as the girls left their dorms and headed down the stairs. Most seemed excited that they had the morning off, but they all gave me a cold stare.

"Athena, did you have anything to do with this?"

"What? No!"

"Seems rather odd that every girls uniform is torn to shreds while yours isn't. Agatha's dress was torn and you both share a room."

"I swear I didn't have anything to do with this.

"If we do find anything that leads us to believe you caused this, there will be severe consequences. You can join the other girls now."

Who would do something like this?

I met up with Agatha in the library. She was already flipping through a huge pile of books.

"Athena! Maybe there's something in these books that could help us bring Sophie and Tedros together. You should take a look at the other ones-"

"Can we please just drop the subject."

"Sophie and Tedros' kiss is the key to getting home Athena. It's the only thing that's important right now."

"Go ahead and read your books, I'll find my own."

"What are you looking for?"

"Stuff, it's not important."

"Ok then. Have fun finding your 'not important' books." she scoffed.

In truth, I didn't know exactly what I was looking for, I just really did not want to be reading about love for someone else. There had to be answers to my questions in this library, it was huge. There were three floors filled with thousands of books. White columns aligned each corner of the vast space, glass swans hung from the chandelier.

I started searching for books related to the lost princess, there had to be something with more information. I swept through every row and couldn't find a single one about the lost princess. I tried looking under different names but nothing was relevant. Just as I had almost given up, a title caught my attention, "After Ever After".

Siren Song || Tedros x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara