Chapter 1

AN/ Howdy y'all this is the same person as Chaos in Harmony. I'm on AO3 if you wanna check that out. I'm also in Tumblr as AnonTomato99 if you wanna follow. 

"Court-mandated therapy my ass" Adam grumbled walking into the old school gymnasium. He did not want to be here. But his probation officer Sera told him if he skipped there would be consequences. Adam did not want that at all. He walked in and saw people sitting in chairs in a circle. He sat in the last available chair. He looked around. Everyone here looked like shit. Not that he could talk. He knew he was looking rough these last few days. He hadn't shaved. He had bags under his eyes. He wore the same clothes from two days ago. He just hadn't been putting himself together.

"Glad everyone is here" a man with blonde hair smiled. He looked way too happy. "My name is Peter and I'm here to help everyone with a group session. Why don't we go around and say our names."

Everyone went around and said their names. There was one person Adam noticed. She stuck out like a sore thumb. She had grey short hair. Was smaller. And had a ton of piercings and tattoos. "My name is Lute," she said in a monotone voice. Adam wondered how she ended up here.

"Excellent" Peter clapped his hands together. "Let's go around and share what we did today. Why don't we start with... Adam" he looked right at him.

Adam sat up. He had to look like he somewhat cared. After all, Peter was signing the paperwork that he was here. "I umm played my guitar"

"What did you play?" Peter asked kindly.

"I played Push by Matchbox Twenty" he answered. Some people nodded their heads in approval. Even Lute. Which Adam felt a sense of pride. "Yeah I'm great at playing the guitar" he boasted.

"Wonderful Adam" Peter complimented him. A few more rounds of questions went by. Adam saw Lute liked ACDC which made him happy. She also liked playing the guitar and drums. He made sure to make himself look good with each question Peter threw at them.

"What makes me angry," Lute said. Her voice was laced with venom. Peter got into deeper questions and was asking what made them angry and how to handle it. "Is when your ex-best friend says they aren't hanging around your sworn enemy and then you find out they're fucking one another!" She spat out. "And I like to think I handled it fine. I don't even know why I'm here!"

"Lute" Peter sounded serious. "You know why you're here. The best way to handle anger and subdue an outburst. Is to practice deep-breathing exercises, imagine a relaxing scene, or repeat a calming word or phrase."

"Well I wouldn't have to if people didn't piss me off" she snapped at him.

Peter had a genuine smile "Lute, do we need to have a private session?"

"No" she huffed and crossed her arms. Adam was impressed with her anger. She had gotten it out well.

The session finally ended. Adam was at a table enjoying the free snacks. He then saw Lute. "Hey," he stood next to. "How are you?"

"I'm at court-mandated therapy talking to a guy who called himself dickmaster five times in a group setting." she slammed a donut hole onto her plate and looked at him. "I didn't think my life could get so low but here I am" She walked away annoyed.

Adam smiled. Enjoying how honest she was. So she was also here because of legal issues... At least they had that in common.
---
Therapy ended and Peter signed Adam's paperwork. Adam walked to his car. It was a gold and black 78 Mustang. At least he didn't lose that in the divorce. "Hey!" a voice called out to him. Adam turned around and saw Lute.

"Sorry if I was a bitch back there. Peter said I need to apologize and try to socialize more." she sounded more inconvenienced than apologetic. But Adam would take it. After all, he was used to half-ass apologies.