Chapter 2

Part of Adam's deal was community service. He had to complete a hundred plus hours. He had never been one to work for free but here he was. On the side of the road picking up trash. He was wearing a god-awful bright orange vest so drivers wouldn't hit him. He wished they would hit him if it meant getting out of there. It was also hot as hell and the sun was beating down on him. "This blows" Adam whispered sticking a soda can into the bag.

"Is everything alright Adam?" Sera walked up checking in on him.

"Yup," he lied and picked up another piece of trash. "Everything is peachy. I'm on the side of the road picking up trash. Meanwhile, my wife who is the reason I'm here, is fucking the guy who stole my first wife. Everything" he aggressively stabbed a piece of trash. "Is fucking great."

"Adam do I need to recommend more sessions with Peter" Sera asked. concerned. Se felt bad for Adam. It seemed he kept getting handed L after L.

"No" Adam quickly shook his head.

"I'm here," a voice said walking up to Sera. Adam quit focusing on his garbage and looked at a familiar face. He felt relief knowing she was here. They could suffer together.

"Lute how nice of you to join us" Sera smiled.

"It's not like I have a choice." Lute shrugged. Sera handed her the orange vest. "This is hideous" she gagged.

"Well it's mandatory," Sera told her. She then handed Lute a bag and a trash picker. "Adam can help you get started." Sera walked away.

"Hey Dangertits" he smiled. He hadn't talked to her since their excursion a few days ago. He couldn't quit thinking about how much fun he and had. He wanted to do it again but didn't have her contact info.

"So what do we do?" she said in her monotone voice.

"It's simple just stab the trash" Adam stabbed a bottle. "And put it in the bag. Although something tells me you already have experience with stabbing." he joked.

Lute rolled her eyes. "You stab someone in the eye one time. You then get in legal trouble and have to pick up trash on the side of the road with a man who calls himself the Dickmaster. God really does hate me". She was secretly happy he was here. She had a blast with him. He made her smile for the first time in a long time.

Adam laughed at her banter. "Women would kill to be with my dick"

"Yet your two wives left you for the same man" she quipped back. "Who I might add is 5'2"

"Like you can talk. What are you 5 feet" he leaned on her. He was around 6 feet.

"Get off" she shoved him. She was extremely short compared to him. "God this vest is so annoying" She hated the color and the way it made her stick out. "I hate bright colors"

"Yeah I can tell you only seem to wear dark colors" he looked her up and down. She had a black tank on. With black shorts. He could see she had more tattoos.

"Yeah well bright colors" she stabbed a can aggressively "annoy me." "What's your favorite color?"

"Gold" Adam answered. He liked how royal the color was. How pristine it was.

"Is that why you have all those gold rings" Lute looked at his hand. He had multiple rings adorning his fingers. She wondered what each one meant.

"Oh um yeah" he blushed a little. "I still wear my wedding ring but I figured if I added more rings it wouldn't be obvious and I could forget" Lute nodded in understanding. "I don't think I'm ready to take the ring off. Its like if I do it. It's all over for good"

"She cheated on you Adam" Lute said pointing out the obvious. She stared at the ground trying to find litter.

"Yeah well she was seduced by that snake" Adam snapped back. "I wasn't at my best" he admitted. He sometimes wanted Eve back. He did miss her. "Why do you care?"