Chapter 13

AN/ Work was so chill and we got out early therefore I can update! Yay!

---

Life was back to normal. Adam and Lute were at the grocery store. "We are not getting the new Watermelon flavored Oreos" Lute told Adam.

"Come on!" he complained holding the Oreos. "We always get the basic ones. I wanna try the new ones"

"They look so gross" Lute did not like wasting money on food she wouldn't eat.

"We don't know unless we try," Adam told her.

"Ugh fine put them in the buggy." she liked grocery shopping with Adam. It was funny how much he loved to eat compared to her. He lived to eat whereas she ate to live.

"Let me get some stuff for smoothies while we're here" Adam was looking at his list. "I saw a new recipe for blueberry smoothie"

"Sounds good to me" Lute continued walking ahead.

"Adam. Lute?" a voice called out.

They turned around and saw Emily. "Oh hey Emily" Adam greeted her. "How are you"

"I'm wonderful" she smiled. Lute wanted to roll her eyes. There was no reason for her to be this happy on a Monday night in the grocery store. "How are you guys doing?"

"Good just getting groceries for the week," Lute said. "Come on Adam" she led them away. She did not want to talk to Emily unless it was mandatory. Emily of course pulled out her phone and texted Peter what she saw.

"Why are you in a hurry to get away from Emily" Adam asked grabbing some frozen blueberries for his smoothie"

"Because I don't want to talk to her. She's sweet but annoying. I really don't feel like talking about all my issues in an Aldis at 7 pm on a Monday night" Lute told him.

"Fair point" Adam agreed. "I got everything I need. Are you good?"

"Yes," Lute was ready to head back.

They walked to the self-checkout. As they did Adam saw a flyer. "Hey, Lute check it out. The state fair will be in town this weekend" he held it up. "We should go"

Lute took the flyer and looked at it. "Will there be fireworks?" she did not want to get set off.

"Probably not it's not near the Fourth of July. We can always leave early though just in case" Adam told her. He did not want her to get upset.

"Okay, I would love to go then" Lute would have fun riding rides, eating horrible junk food, and playing silly games.

---

The week dragged on for Adam. He was so excited for the fair. He loved riding rides and eating fair food. He could not wait to eat a funnel cake. It was finally Friday.

Adam was first at the gym. "I'm so ready for tonight" Adan ran alongside Lute.

"You better get a good workout today if you eat the fair food tonight," Lute said keeping a steady pace.

"I can't wait to eat the fried Oreos" Adam's mouth was watering just thinking about them.

"You and Oreos" Lute rolled her eyes. "Did you ever finish the watermelon ones?" She ate one and almost threw up. She hated how Oreo made flavors that were an insult to god himself.

"I did they were gross at first but I got used to them" Adam could honestly eat anything. He wasn't picky he only hated apple-flavored stuff.

"You disgust me" Lute smiled at him. He had been looking better the past few weeks. He had lost some weight. Got a new haircut. His skin was a better glow. Overall she was happy with where they were at.