Chapter 6

Lute had barely slept the last few days. The only times she slept well was when she was at Adam's. The nightmare had gotten worse recently and she was not thrilled about that. She knew she should talk to Peter but she did not want to. It was embarrassing to get nightmares like she was a child. She slowly got ready for the day. She had her group therapy tonight so she was happy she would see Adam.

Making sure to stick to her routine. Her order. Wake up at 5 am. Put on exercise clothes. Run. Shower. Breakfast. Then work. She got out of bed and changed into her exercise clothes. She started her morning jog. The place she lived was nice. It was all a giant suburb that was walkable. She started her normal routine of going by the green mid-modern house. It was a modest one-story home. it appeared an older couple lived there. Lute wondered if she would ever grow old with someone. She continued jogging. She ran by the elementary school. It was still too early for school to start but when she ran by during the day it was nice to hear the children play outside. They sounded so happy and carefree. Lute wished she could feel like that. She ran by a BBQ joint. She made a mental note to take Adam by there. She was sure he would love to eat there. Chain restaurants were getting old.

She ran some more. Enjoying the cool morning air. She loved running. It kept her mind free of other problems. Before she knew it. She was in front of Adam's house. She was so tempted to knock on the door but she knew Adam. He was asleep. He was not a morning person. She looked up and saw a window had a trash bag over it... She wondered how it got there.

She shook her head. Adam cracked her up. He had a way of acting out that amused her. She loved easily they fed off one another. How they both had great ideas. How they both have been fucked over by close friends.

She continued her run. She was now in front of Happy Faces Rehab. She looked up at the Victorian manor. Her mind started to replay a painful memory. She could hear Vaggie crying out in pain. Herself screaming profanities. Lute violently shook her head and held her ears. Her eyes were shut tight. Trying to make the memories stop even though they were in her head. She started taking deep breaths like Peter told her. She had to think of something else. She then remembered Adam misspelling Angel on the side of the manor. That calmed her down. She started smiling and opened her eyes. She felt a little better. She knew she had to quit looking at the wretched manor.

She then ran by Lucifer's and Lilith's house. It was even uglier in the daylight. She hated the color, especially the color red. It just didn't go with anything in her opinion. She was tempted to steal another lawn ornament but decided against it. She wanted Adam to be with her. He made stealing special.

She finally finished her run and got ready for the day. It was lonely eating breakfast without Adam. He made it fun and enjoyed her smoothies.
---
Lute arrived at work. It would be just a standard day. Which she preferred. She liked being on a schedule. It kept her calm. She was currently at the front desk updating a client's information when she heard someone walk in.

"Hey I need a gym membership" the voice walked up to the desk.

Lute quit looking up at the computer and looked up. There was no way in hell this was happening. There was just no way. Lute was looking at Lucifer. She plastered a smile on her face and asserted her customer service voice. "Of course sir. Can I get some information?"

Lucifer seemed to like her smile. He smiled back. "I need to lose some weight and get into better shape." he looked her up and down. "Do you think you could help with that?"

Lute knew she looked good. She was wearing her sports bra and yoga pants. She however was not a fan of Lucifer looking at her like that. But this was a golden opportunity for revenge. "I can help you with whatever you need". He smiled back at her. He truly did look like a snake.
---
"That was a good first session" Lute's face hurt so much from smiling and being nice. She had never smiled that many times in her entire life. But she had to be perfect for Adam. She also needed Lucifer to trust her. That way she could fuck him over. They were finishing up weightlifting.