Chapter 5

Adam's alarm woke him up. He slowly blinked awake. He grabbed his phone and turned off the pesky alarm. He lay in bed for a second. It was so easy just to lay here all day. Sit in bed and rot. After everything with Eve, it was almost impossible to get up. He was also subconsciously used to her sleeping form next to him even after everything. He sat up in bed. He had to get his day going. He had to keep moving forward.

He slowly crawled out of bed and headed to the kitchen. He wished Lute could come by and make a smoothie for him. He enjoyed having her over for breakfast and hoped to do that again. He opted for some frozen waffles and ate them for breakfast. He looked at the calendar on his phone. He had an appointment with his social worker today...Crap he thought to himself. He did not want to deal with her. She was nice and was there for him at the clinic where he was committed. But it was still embarrassing. She had seen him at his worst. He figured he could at least hang out with Lute after then he remembered she had work. That was the hard part of being unemployed. His employed friend was working.

He set his phone down and sighed. He wanted to hang out with Lute more. She was so fun and abrasive. She was also hot which was nice. Adam looked around his drab house. He knew he needed to clean it up from the weekend he had with Lute.

He got up and cleaned his plate. He then walked around and cleaned up his house. He saw the music sheets laying around. He wished he could play but he just couldn't. He didn't have the heart to. He hoped he would eventually.

A short drive later Adam arrived at the social work building. He signed in and waited for his social worker to call him to her office. "Adam" a voice called out. Adam stood up and found the familiar office. He had only been here one other time. It was after everything and he was no longer at the clinic. "Hey Emily" he sat down on a plush chair across from her desk and leaned back. He wanted it to be known he didn't want to be here.

"Mr. Adam" She smiled. She was young and had just graduated college. She always referred to Adam as Mr which made Adam feel old as shit. He told her not to do that but she always forgot. She had a look in her eyes of hope and happiness. Life had not beat her down yet. Adam was jealous. "How are you?"

"I'm fine" he shrugged. He wanted to get out of here. The office looked so similar to Peter's with all the colors and joyfulness. He hated it.

"Mr. Adam" she got more serious. "Really how are you? How is therapy? How are you doing mentally?"

Adam wanted to tell her he was committing petty crimes with a woman who stabbed someone. He wanted to tell her just to make her uncomfortable. Emily had clearly been sheltered her whole life. But if Adam said that Emily would report that to Sera. "I started going to the gym"

"That's wonderful" Emily smiled.

"Yeah, I also made a friend" Adam rubbed his neck. "Her name is Lute. She was in the military" He then saw Emily have a look of shock on her face. But she quickly composed herself. Adam sat up. "Emily, do you know Lute?"

"No," Emily said way too quickly. Adam looked at her. Knowing she was caught. Emily admitted the truth. "Yes... but I can't say anything she's one of my cases also"

Adam laughed. It was funny how much he and Lute had in common. "My lips are sealed."

"Anyways" Emily was now stressed. She was not supposed to discuss cases with others. "What else have you been doing? We need to make a goal for you"'

Adam rolled his eyes. Emily was obsessed with him having a goal and reaching it. He had given her nothing and Emily was being persistent about it. "My goal is to not kill Lucifer"

"Mr. Adam" Emily looked upset. "That's not funny"

"I'm serious!" Adam sounded defeinsive. "Not killing someone is a real goal. Case in point myself." Adam hated Lucifer so much. It was a true miracle he didn't kill Lucifer that day. But the look in Eve's eye made him stop. She looked at him like he was a monster.