Chapter 4

"So" Adam was poking his pasta. He and Lute were at Olive Garden. "How does one be normal" he looked up at her. They had finished group therapy. Lute told him they were not going to eat at TGI Fridays.

Lute shrugged. "You're asking the wrong person. I was in the army forever and then after that, I stabbed someone" She was still adjusting to normal civilian life. It was odd how people carried about their business without worrying about death or destruction. Lute still had moments where she would flinch or get triggered easily.

Adam looked at his pasta. "I really wanna fuck up Lucifer's car."

"And I want to steal something that belongs to Vaggie. But I think Sera's on our asses." Lute did not want to deal with Sera. Her lectures were the absolute worst.

"Do you think her ass hurts from the stick that is shoved up it?" Adam bluntly said. Sera had no sense of humor to Adam. She also took her job too seriously.

Lute laughed. "Thanks for that mental image." she took a bite of her pasta. "But yeah. We should see where Sera lives. I wanna make sure my tax dollars are being used right"

"We gotta be normal" Adam reminded her. "Maybe later"

Lute rolled her eyes. "True." she sipped her drink and then asked Adam a question she had been wanting to know. "Do you want to come to my gym on Friday? We can start training sessions?"

"Yes" Adam nodded. "I need to look good for the ladies that will come my way" he winked.

"No one wants you" Lute retorted and sipped her drink.

Adam flipped her off. "Bitch"

"Takes one to know" Lute shot back. Everyone around them was horrified by their conversation. But Adam and Lute were having a blast roasting one another.

"Peter was annoying today" Adam chewed some pasta. "All like 'How do we best control anger?'" Adam swallowed his food. "Like maybe don't steal a guy's wives twice"

Lute nodded in agreement. "What was it like punching Lucifer?" She had seen the five-foot man and knew he needed to be punched. He just looked annoying with his smug smile and tailored suit. Lute had no idea why Eve and Lilith left Adam for that. Adam was so much more handsome.

Adam's face lit up. "Amazing. He crumbled so fast. I even got his blood on me"

Lute bit her lip. "That's so hot"

"Yeah well, the fucker had it coming" Adam sounded more serious. "God I want to ruin his life. But we have to be normal" he leaned back in his chair upset.

"I know but Adam we can't right now" Lute was just as annoyed. "We have to wait a minute. Maybe when we get out of therapy."

"It can be are congrats we survived therapy gift" Adam smiled. Already scheming how he would get back at Lucifer.

"Perfect" Lute finished her pasta. She pushed her plate away. "What do we do now?" She knew they were supposed to get revenge. It would now be odd that they weren't.

Adam had to think for a second. "Umm wanna watch a movie at my place?"

"What movie?" Lute didn't want anything to stir her up. She also didn't want to tell Adam she had PTSD.

"What about... School of Rock!" Adam smiled. That was one of his favorite movies.

"I've never seen it" Lute admitted.

"Seriously" Adam looked shocked. "Okay, we are watching it!"

Adam and Lute sat on his couch watching the movie. Lute enjoyed the different characters and how Adam explained the movie. Adam enjoyed watching the movie with Lute. He liked how different she was. He liked how she was ready for murder as much as he was. Maybe it wouldn't be hard being normal with her.
---
Friday was here and Lute was at the gym. She was waiting for Adam at the front desk. Some of her coworkers were talking but she blocked them out. She was never one to make friends. It was hard and she wasn't good at it. Vaggie was her only friend and she knew how that story ended. She knew she should try but she was too messed up for them. They would be nervous around her. They also wouldn't be able to handle her bluntness and no-shit attitude.