23

"Dead?"

"Dead? But....have you seen yourself in the mirror lately?"

Danny turned to see Lilith, her hands glowing bright green. Sam held his hand tight as they noticed Lilith take slow steady steps towards their nightmare.

"Funny...someone whos rarely in control of themselves to claim I'm dead, because if I am dead....Then what about you?"

Danny could have sworn he heard a growl before ectoplasmic shots were sent across the place. Sam just stood still, Danny realized no one could make out what was going on due to the intense dust clouds.

But he could hear each word.

"You. You are weird you know. One day your mean, the next you're just like a lost puppy! Later your a demon with a heart, so tell me...

Each. Word. Crystal clear...even as the green jewel like thing fell out.

What are you now?"
______________________

"Are you alright kid?"

Danny looked surprised as he turned to see Dan right beside him. Dan ignored his presence and continued to speak to Lilith.

"Thankyou for that. I still can't believe you've done it again. I feel so stupid to be indebted to you. I'm glad though, I'm glad it was you who I attacked out here. You know how mind control works best afterall. Though I should say that you seem to forget about yourself."

Kneeling down to her level, he spoke, "Sometimes we fall, to get stronger. And at times, we let it all out, to learn to be free and live again."

She looked up at him. "I'm..." Dan held his arms open as she fell into them, no longer able to hold herself up.

Looking around, he noted the people in the group. "And what are you all doing here?"

Sam gave him a look that said, do you have to ask?

"Ok stupid question. Tell m-" he stopped as felt someone push him. He realized that said person was the kid he adored.

He smiled as he let her go and she stood. "Uh. I have got something to...you all can come along, I doubt anyone will bother disturbing us now." She said. "Afterall, they hypnotised Mr. Strong Ghost boy here to attack. " and his fell face at that.

With that, she floated ahead to the room which would've been blocked had it not been for the blast earlier which had made a huge hole in it.

Lilith entered and went in. However when the others tried, they slammed into an invisible wall.

Laughing like the kid she was, Lilith spoke, "i guess I forgot to mention why I planned to enter here alone. You see I'm the only person apart from two others who can enter into the memory cave.

It's a special place...Kinda like my birthplace of sorts. I was regenerated here...after it killed me when I was a person. Pyramids of Doom...though I think my regeneration kinda messed this place up. It's much stable and safer now. Though this section is still the same, so whatever is here... only I can take them out."

With that, she waved her hand idly, and a well polished table appeared. The drawers had intricate designs.

All saw as she directed her hands over the different drawers, opening and showing various items.

A gem rose first. It was red and looked familiar.

Suddenly recalling, Tucker rushed back and got the green gem that had fallen out earlier. As he held ot out, they saw Lilith open her palm and the two gems came together and formed a locket. She put it on. "These are memory chip-well that's what I call them. I'm not sure what they do yet...."