8

"Umm...hi?"

Lilith looked around a bit before going ahead. She knew about the power depletion in the zone. And she was worried about the impact it must've had in Clockwork.

"Ah! Here you are! I expected you to come sooner child. " She turned to see Clockwork smiling. In turn, she felt herself relax.

"Well...then you really have no idea what's to come, do you? Did you get-"  she saw the three behind him. "Are they-"

Clockwork nodded. "The more the better. Don't you think? "

She stared at them for a moment then turned back to him. Clockwork was now in his child form.

"That's....thats...you know they will then..."

Clockwork sighed. This week has been really tiring. "Yes I know it will reveal too much about the future, but I'm willing to let that slide. "

Nodding in agreement she muttered "so, now what? "

All shrugged. Clockwork sighed. It is going to be a long day for them.

"Child you should tell what you know. "

She groaned. "Can this day get any more worse?"

Clockwork tried to suppress his laughter. "It's going to be harder and longer. "

She glared at him. Her eyes turning crimson red.

"Yea so I figured." Turning to the trio, she said " I'm Lilith by the way. " shaking their hands. "It's great to see you guys together like this!"

"Like this?" Sam frowned. "Ah...nevermind that." She said quickly as Sam raised her brow.

Danny looked hard at her. She looked so much like Sam, he might have even mistaken her for Sam, if not for the tattoo at her wrist.

Sam also noticed it. But decided to let that slide. "So you know that I'm Sam and that's Danny there..."

"And I'm Tucker. And here's my precious Lucy. " He said showing her his PDA.

Lilith didnt respond. She just stared at Sam.

"Hello? "

"Oh...sorry. it's  just that...you look ...never mind."

Clockwork noticed the two eyeing Lilith's hand. When he saw that, he stared hard at the girl. "Lilith. You're hand..."

Lilith frowned. "That's why I came here. Why else did you think I'd come here?"

"Wait. Why does Clockwork have to think about the reason? Shouldn't he know about that already? " Danny asked.

"Not her. I cant read anything about her past or future. And that mark on her hand is further proof that I'll never be able to watch her." They noticed Lilith's frown grow.

She then muttered something but they weren't able to catch it. "That doesn't mean I have to be one of you. " she spat those words at Clockwork. "Already my life has been ruined, I don't need to dedicate my life to some stupid guardianship and what not. I'd like to my the rest of my life in solitude where no one can question my existence nor can they trouble me nor I can harm anyone else."

Clockwork turned his back towards her. None could see his face turn into a grimace but they could sense the seriousness in his voice. "It's upto you. I'm saying what I feel is best for you. You're just a teenager...I cant help if life has played such a cruel trick on you, but I think it's best if you reconsider this. Maybe try it out for a day or two...or maybe...*sigh* it's all upto you. It's your life. There must be a reason why I can't see your life in advance."

The trio stood uncomfortably in there. They had noticed that all the clocks were all on halt. But since Danny had the time medallion on him and he held his friend's hands, they were able to continue their time. But they decided to pretend to be still.

"..."

"Lilith?"

"..."

"You're not talking to me? You know you can tell me anything right? I heard about that fight and now seeing your...mark. I think you should-"

"Clockwork, please. Stop. I have no intention of discussing about anything else, unless it's got to do with the current situation. Danny and Sam Fenton are in danger. Once we get them out of there, once I finish that sick bastard, and make him wish he'd rot in hell." She paused slightly, as though thinking about what she just said. Then she spoke again. "Nah! I'll let Danny decide what he wants to do with that sicko. But I'll only think about anything and everything else after this is done. Till then, please leave me alone!" Her hands were closed tightly into fists. She then turned to go out when he called her back.

"Anything else you want to tell me about? " she asked.

Clockwork smiled. "Yes. Actually I do. I think you already know about the visions and foresights Danny's been having, but I haven't been ab k e to explain it to them about that in detail. Then the matter of Danny who is stuck, apparently, I can't see anything about him or the lady. I think they're stuck in the Palladium. That's the only place where my ability stops. But you should be able to see that, shouldn't you? "

"That's a hell lot. As for the Palladium, I doubt it. I think it might be Palatine, that's where Surg would be at his strongest and you at your limits. "

"Palatine. That place doesn't exist. "

Lilith grinned. "It sure does. You just had no idea."

"Really? Then enlighten me child. "

Lilith frowned and her face fell. "Seriously? You really don't know?" Taking a deep breath, she said "I was born in that hell hole. That's also where I met him. "

The three werent sure what was going on, but they could see the pale look on Clockwork's face. "Palatine? But...then...how'd."

He quickly regained his composure and merely said, "I see. In that case, you're the only one who can get in and out with much more ease."

"Actually, yes and no. Somehow I managed to tweek it. That's why I feel everyone's in there. Besides, since I was born in there, the place should know of me." She shivered as she thought about something. "That creepy place is highly unpredictable but I do have insights on it. Since I am from there. "

"Oh Lilith! That explains why you're powers are such! That explains a whole lot! "

She smiled. "Congratulations! Atleast you finally know the feeling of knowing something you desired to know most. Many people and well ghosts don't get it and out of all the ghosts, the one who sees and knows everything else gets it. You must be very lucky."

She then turned to leave.

"Thanks Lilith but don't forget to restore time."

"Huh?" Then she noticed around her. The clocks were still frozen. "Oh yeah...sorry. Time up." She clapped her hands together and then everything started working.

The trio took that as their cue to stop their act.

"Um so when are we going?" Danny asked. Breaking the awkward silence that ensued for a minute.

"Now. Let's get out of here first. I'm sick of this place. Bye Clockwork! Thanks for the heads up! " she said as she squeezed Clockwork's hand.

Danny noticed Clockwork frown. "I told you not to do that. " Straightning himself, he spoke, "Anyways goods luck. Hope you make the right choices. "

"Seriously? Is that really your choice of farewell? " She rolled her eyes as she led them out of the ghost zone.