4

"Where is that kid when you need her? "

"She must be with Phantom. "

"But where is he? Why can't we sense them? Shouldn't they be here?"

The ghosts who had gathered at the portal kept discussing amongst themselves.

"I dont like how this meeting is turning out to be. It should have taken a turn ford the best not the worst. We should be strong. We have to keep our heads straight. " all ghosts stopped and turned towards the person who just entered.

"Plasmius. Funny, we should say the same to you." Skulker sneered.

Vlad had lost influence over him long time ago. Daniel had somehow managed to convince him to some sort of agreement. Nevertheless, Vlad hadnt lost his cool.

"You of all shouldn't have the nerve to talk to me like that. Afterall, you're all at my place." Silence. Vlad grinned. Atleast things seem under control. "Right now, who's the smartest ghost in this room?"

"You." It was almost inaudible but Vlad caught it. "Exactly. And who's the strongest?"

A sigh followed by several groans. "You. "

"Then I propose that-"

"Dont you even think of doing anything like that! I think you've caused enough trouble for now." Everyone shivered at the voice.

"Really Vladdie, you aregoing to try to make them come uner your command by just boasting about your current status. You may be the most cunning and shrewd one in this room, but the strongest? Oh Puh-lease! Everyone knows about moi!"

Pin drop silence. All were surprised and a bit taken aback about her arrival. However, Vlad didn't respond. He hadnt expected her to come so soon. She turned back to him.

"Even now, when everything in existance is in danger, you are worried about your selfish needs? " she seethed.

"Seriously Vladdie, how much more messed up can you get? "

"What about you? Even now, you seem to enjoy be-littling me by calling me that!"

She paused for a moment. "True. True. But thats nothing. I am afterall, only a teenager. You, on the other hand are a crazed-up fruitloop who seems to have no knowledge of the situation he's stuck in right now!"

"Stop it. Boh of you!" Skulker growled. "First thing, what is going on, I thought all this was over."

"Apparently not. You all were soo off-guard, that they managed to this with great ease. All we can do right now, is just wait."

"WHat do you mean by wait Lilith? We cant just sit by when our worlds are being destroyed." Ember chimed in.

"I have spoken to Clockwork. He said something about getting the ones perfect for this situation. So when he brings whoever it is he said he'll get, I shall meet up with Plasmius here and then with a proper plan we can go ahead."

"Why all this planning is necessary? Cant we just go in and kick their butt?"

"Danielle! This is not the time to loose your cool!"

"Sorry Lilith, its just that...its Danny, and, oh god, why..." Lilith came to her and hugged Danielle. "Just wait for some time. Why dont you go over to Valerie and explain to her. I think it'll be best if it came from you rather than any of us."

Danielle nodded and left. Vlad eyed Lilith, curiously. "Skulker, you and Ember round-up all the ghosts in the ghost zone and tell them whats happened. place two ghosts per street. In case any of them makes an appearance we can try to do something about it."

They went off. Lilith turned to Youngblood and Technus. "Tech, you check the security, and re-install the shields. Make sure the devices are safe."

"And B-you can either scout for anything crucial, or...or look for him. You kno wo i'm talking about, right?"

Blood rolled his eyes. "'Yes ma'am. I'll do that right away. You better take care."

Now it was only Vlad and Lilith.

"Vlad"

"Now you call me like that, sure, you want something from me, right?"

Her lips tightened. "I just need you to cooporate. You pointed it out yourself, you're smarter than many. You know whats going on and the risks involved. I wouldnt be surprised if you tried to leave the town, but you do know its of no use."

She continued, "Besides that plan of yours to go right in and get Danny out will be futile. They have Auberline and Jeremiah with them."

"How did you know what my plan was? What if that wasnt my plan?"

"You seem to forget. I can read minds. You have a crazy thing for Danny, I have the least interest in figuring it out, but atleast, if not for him, or you, atleast for your sick love, why dont you try to cool down and think logically. I'll be coming back later on, that time I hope, I'll get to speak with the fruitloop Phantom had trouble defeating."

She flew up to leave, when Vlad called out to her. "Lilith, just who exacly is Clockwork getting?"

"No clue." She shrugged. "I know he is from the past though. And since Clockwork cant see the future, I suppose the past is better."