Episode 10: reunion from hell part 1

Today is the reunion day. Anne went back to the house for Amy. So she could get ready in the house and she didn't had to stay at Ricky's. Anne would also be babysitting John, while Amy and Ricky would go to the reunion as a fake married couple.

Amy walked in the house, with John on one arm and a weekend bag on the other one. Anne was making herself something to eat while Robie was playing with some toys on the floor mat.
"Mom, thanks for coming back for me and letting me come here." Amy said relieved.
"Was it so bad at Ricky's?" Anne asked. Amy shook her head. "No, it wasn't that bad, but it was still awkward." Anne didn't understand why being friends with your ex could be awkward. Since she and George are friends. And Anne could tell that there was something going on with her daughter.

"Hey, John." Anne said. "Why don't you go play with uncle Robie?"
John jumped out of his mother's arms and walked to Robie. Playing with Robie in the living room.
Amy looked wondered. "Uncle Robie?" She asked.
"Yes, Robie is his uncle. What's so weird about that?" Anne asked.
"It's weird because John is older than Robie, and they both don't realize Robie is his uncle." Amy said bothered.
"Amy?" Anne asked. "This is unlike you, that something so small like this bothers you. And i know you. If there's something so small that gets on your nerves it means that you've got a bigger problem! Am i right?"

Amy looked down, she didn't exactly know what to say or what not to say. She just knew it was not the right time. "Nothing's going on mom! I just still need to get used to being a single parent flying back and forward all the time."
Anne interrupted her. "Your not gonna tell me you have a jet leg. Cause i know you don't have one." She said with certainty.
Amy ignored the last part and changed the subject.
"Well. I guess i will get ready for the reunion then. Ricky will pick me up in an hour so we can both show up. And be fake married for today." she walked away being annoyed.
Upstairs, she went straight to the bathroom. She decided to wear that dress she wore at her graduation. She loved that dress and it was good enough to wear at a reunion.
Her phone beeped. She got a text. It was from Ben.

'Hey Amy. Ben Boykewich here.
I'm already at the reunion. I think i might be here a little bit too early, since i had an early flight back from New York. But i decided to come here and think, and my thoughts went straight to you. Would you consider coming here so we can talk? Just like old times sake, in our old high school?'

Amy decided not to answer him back. She knows she might feel guilty about this later but she didn't feel like being nice today.

She was wearing her dress, she put make-up on, and she curled her hair. This was actually one of the first times she curled her hair. She always straightened it. She wanted to do something different and be special for today. A reunion day is supposed to be special.

---

"Do you have to go to that reunion?" Clementine asked.
"Yes, Clem. I don't really want to. But hey, at least there's free food, right?" Ricky said.
Clementine laughed. "But do you have to pretend to be married to Amy?"
Ricky looked at her. "No, i don't have to. But i decided that i didn't want to make a scene in school explaining everything. So i just be fake married for today, it's just a couple of hours. I show up there with Amy. And i leave with Amy! That's it." Clementine sighed. "I bet she's enjoying this!"
Ricky laughed. "I don't think she is. Cause she didn't want to when i asked her. And she wondered what you would feel about it. So i don't think she's the problem. The problem is you being jealous!"
Clementine nodded. "I need to stop doing that, it's just... I've never dated for so long. And i'm feeling a little bit insecure about this, that you might leave me for her."
Ricky took her hands. "Believe me, i will not go back to her. We're not right for each other. It took me a couple of weeks to realize that after she left. And i know your right for me!"
Clementine smiled.
"Okay mister, go get your fake wife and your free food. I'm going to work!" Ricky kissed Clementine goodbye and then, they both left the apartment.
---