Episode 31: the S word

Minutes of silence went by. Amy and Ricky both realized it was time to get out of John's room but still they stood there frozen in time. She didn't know what else to say. And neither did he.

Several minutes later they silently walked out of John's bedroom. She closed the door behind her.

Ricky looked at her. He kept looking at her in a way she couldn't describe. Amy felt uncomfortable because of the way he looked at her.
"So are we going downstairs and enjoy the party a little bit?" She asked, uncertain.
Ricky bit his lip and looked at Amy in a way he hadn't done in a long time.
Amy looked down and touched her belly.
"Okay, Ricky. I can't believe i'm asking this, but are you flirting with me?"
Ricky shook his head. He didn't expect that question to come. He started stuttering. "What?... Why do you think that?... Why would i?" He asked.
"I don't know." She responded back. "It's just the way you looked at me."
Ricky shook his head. "I wasn't flirting with you. And i wouldn't. Don't worry Amy. To be honest... I was actually thinking. So i don't know if you misinterpreted my look?"
Amy's nervousness came back. She felt so stupid. "Why did i think that? I'm so stupid. O God." She thought.

Ricky sighed. "I was actually thinking to just get out of this house for a little while, to let everything sink in and to grab something to eat and to just talk to each other."
"Wow." She said, nervously. "I know your talks very well, and i don't think i'm willing to talk, Ricky."
Ricky laughed. "You know what i mean by talking. I  just really mean... Talking."
Amy glanced. "I knew what you meant, i just wanted to make sure you understood?"
Ricky shook his head wildly. "Don't worry, no funny business will be taking place."
Amy nodded. "Well, let's go then."
---

Anne was cutting another piece of pie in the kitchen, until she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She looked into the hallway and saw Ricky and Amy putting their coats on.

George came into the kitchen with an empty plate. "Anne, how long takes it to actually cut a pie? I could do it with one hand and my eyes closed." He said, irritated.
George looked up. "Where are you two going?" He asked, looking at Amy and Ricky.
"We are going to Geoff's, Mr. Juergens. If it's okay with you and Anne, could you please watch John for a little while?"
"Can't you two go tomorrow or something, does it have to be on this night?"
"Dad, i know you threw me this party and i want to thank you for that but i really need to talk to Ricky, alone. And going out is the best way to talk privately." She said, certain of her words.
Anne nodded. "Of course Amy, go." She smiled.
George frowned, the words didn't seem to come out of his mouth. "Yes, go..." He said, hesitating.

Ricky and Amy disappeared out of the front door.

"Teenagers, they think they can do anything!" He said.
Anne took the piece of pie and put it in George's plate. "It's good that they are going out of this house and talk! It really is good, George."
George nodded and looked disappointed. "I know, but i did all of this work for Amy and now she isn't even here."
"I know you're disappointed. But don't be, George. This is a welcome home party and i'm here so..."
George frowned. "Yeah, you're here. So the party didn't go to waste after all... But she and Ricky could have gone to Geoff's tomorrow. Because i would be there too."
"I think Amy and Ricky wanted to talk privately and it wouldn't be so private if you were there?"
"It would!" He said.
Anne shook her head. "No it wouldn't! I know you! You would probably even sit with them at their table."
George had a sanctimonious look on his face. He took a bite of his pie. "No, i wouldn't... I would sit at the table right next to them."
Anne rolled her eyes. "Than i'm glad you're here because they deserve some privacy."
George laughed. "They deserve some privacy you say? Don't you think they already had more than enough privacy together in the past? Don't you think they had enough privacy for a little bit?"
"With privacy, i don't mean sex George. Not everything is about sex!"
George brushed his hand through his hair. "Did you just say that everything is not about sex? If everything wasn't about sex how is it even possible Amy got pregnant twice? Well i'll tell you Anne, because she had sex with that impregnator, and i tell you what..."
George couldn't even finish his sentences when Ashley came in.
"I guess i came in at the wrong time?" She asked, looking at her parents in a disgusted way.
"Oh." George said. "Like you didn't had sex?!"
"Owkey." Ashley said. "I think i'll be in my room for now."