Episode 14: facing the enemy

Amy stood in front of the Butcher shop, John was at the nursery, and Ricky was working. She saw Ricky in the shop. He didn't know she was coming over. "Maybe this is a bad idea?" Amy thought. She sighed and tried to stay calm and not to panic.
She opened the Butcher shop door and walked inside. Ricky didn't see her, he was busy. But then he looked up, thinking a customer came in.
"Amy?" He asked, wondered.

Amy stood there, frozen in place. She didn't know if she should be friendly or not. He seemed shocked by her presence.
"Can we go talk upstairs?" She finally asked.
Ricky nodded and made a sign that she could already go to his apartment.

"Uhm, Bunny. Can i take a break?"
Bunny looked wondered. "Why, is everything okay?"
Ricky nodded. "Yes, i just need a couple of minutes."
"You do know that i saw Amy going upstairs." She said.
"Okay, you got me. I need to talk to Amy about something important!" He said.
Bunny nodded. "Okay, then. I give you 10 minutes."

Ricky went upstairs and walked into his apartment.
Amy was sitting on the couch. She looked nervous.
Ricky sighed and sat next to her on the couch.

"So?" Amy finally said.
"So?" Ricky said.
"Okay, enough of the awkwardness." Amy said, sincere.
"I came here because i really need to talk to you. I know that my dad came here last night. He told me."
"So your mom also knows about... You know?" Ricky asked while he looked down at Amy's stomach.
Amy nodded. "She knew before my dad did. I told her, after the crappy reunion." She said hurt.
Ricky looked down. "I'm sorry Amy. I'm sorry for my negative reaction, i just didn't know how to respond." He said.
"It's okay." Amy said, trying to hold her tears.
"No, it's not okay Amy. I acted like a jerk and i only thought about myself and my relationship with Clementine."
Amy looked down. Then she remembered something.
"Ow, besides. Here's the wedding band. I didn't had a chance to give it back." She handed the wedding band over. Ricky took it and looked at it for a few seconds, then he put it in his pocket.

Amy looked at him. "How are we gonna do this? How are we gonna take care of another baby?"
"I don't know Amy. But we'll know if we get there." He said, very certain about his words.
Amy stood up. "I have to go. I'm going to the doctor to see how pregnant i am." She said, trying to say it in an excited way but she couldn't.
Ricky didn't really know how to respond. This was still very new to him. Having another baby, with his ex.

"What about New York?" He asked, out of curiosity.
"What about New York?!" Amy asked.
"Will you go back to New York or will you stay here?"
Amy looked irritated.
"And what about Clementine? Will you tell her you had sex with me and that you got me pregnant again?" She asked angrily.
"That's my business!" Ricky said.
"No, it's not! It's also my business!" She said.
"And why is it you business, huh?" Ricky asked, angrily.
"Because, i don't know..., you slept with me!" She said angrily. "You got me pregnant and she doesn't know any of that. She thinks your a faithful guy now, because of the things you gave up in the past."
"I am a faithful guy." He said.
Amy laughed. "Yeah right. Your so faithful that you had to sleep with me!"

Ricky now also stood up and faced Amy. They were standing right in front of each other. Face to face, 2 inches away from each other.
Amy felt Ricky's warm breath, and he felt hers.
They looked into each others eyes and all the anger they felt for each other disappeared.

He stroked her cheek. Amy looked at his hand, how he stroked her cheek.
She didn't stop him. After she looked him into his eyes, he leaned down and kissed her lips very softly. He didn't stop himself and Amy didn't stop either.
This kiss felt different than any other kiss he ever gave her. This kiss gained passion.
They were stroking each others faces and passionately kissing each other.
Until, Clementine opened the door. She had keys in one hand and a pie in the other. She dropped her keys, after she saw Amy and Ricky kissing each other.
Without saying anything, she turned around and ran away. Ricky's grip around Amy loosened. He released himself out of her arms.
Amy looked shocked. "Did all of this just happen?" She thought.
"Clementine!" Ricky shouted.
Ricky looked at Amy. And she looked back.
"This is all your fault!" He said as he ran out of the apartment to stop Clementine.

"My fault?" Amy thought.