Episode 58: I'm her home

It's been 2 days without any news. Without anything.

Amy and Ricky both went to the hospital more times than they could count, just to see baby Brayleigh. She seemed okay in her parents eyes. But they knew something was waiting for them, some sort of news about their baby girl. It was just a scary thought. Especially for Amy. Brayleigh has been a part of her for so long. The feeling she has is something she can't really describe. Maybe a feeling of emptiness. Like there's a huge hole inside of her heart that needs to be desperately filled with love or something. It was all very unclear, but most specifically. A taunting feeling.

With these thoughts clouding her mind she tried to wash the negative feelings off of her. She was in the shower. A well needed one. Afraid to start overthinking again, she turned the water off and got out of the shower. Amy took a towel on a cabinet in the bathroom, but before she wrapped the warm towel around her she looked in the mirror to watch herself. Her body. A fragile thing for her, because it drastically changed these few months. She didn't know if it was because she's a young adult now, but she cared a lot more about her body and seeing herself right now wasn't something good for her self esteem. She just didn't feel very feminine anymore. Weak and teared up. She looked at her belly. The empty feeling clouding her thoughts again. After she took a deep breath, she wrapped the towel around her body, to ignore the sight that was in front of her.

Ricky's POV:

I honestly don't really know what to do, or think for that matter. When we went to the hospital the other day to see Brayleigh, I told Amy our baby looked better. But I lied to her. I didn't see her any better. She looked so fragile still. It literally breaks my heart. And I'm afraid of what's gonna happen next. My mother Nora told me Brayleigh will be just fine because she's from a family full of fighters. But I can't just believe that. She hasn't seen her, I have. And Amy, I don't even know what to say to her. Everything I say makes things look worse. She's In the shower now, I heard her cry a while ago. I don't think she knows I heard her. She's also taking a very long time in there. Anne and Robbie went to Geoff's to eat. She wanted Amy and me to come along with her, but Amy said no. And I need to stay with her, I need to help her in any way I can.

I stand up to my feet and walk upstairs, I stand at the bathroom-door. I am about to knock until I hear her silently crying again. I sigh and look at my feet. Her crying gets a little louder. "Amy?" I ask her, but no answer is given. "Are you okay in there?" silence, still. Even her crying has stopped. "It's open." Is the only thing I hear coming from her side behind the door. Not sure by what she meant, I still impulsively open the bathroom-door.

There she is, sitting on the toilet seat. barefoot, her eyes filled with tears. She's wearing a tanktop and some shorts. Her hair is in a messy bun. I make my way to her. I try to comfort her and tell her it's going to be okay. But the same wondering eyes look at me in the same way they always do. It just hurts me to see her this upset. I'm getting tired of all of this. And the truth is, seeing her sitting here in those clothes, with her hair all messed up and her silent cries that escape her eyes and fall on my shirt. That, and her shivering body against mine... all of this, is the reason why I love her. Because for once I feel like her home.

A/N:

Hey guys,

it's been a while. I'm sorry for that. I've been really busy with college and studying. Life is pretty hectic. Like always. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this episode. I will start the new book 'the sequel' soon. So, add that one to ur reading lists if you haven't already. And for this episode, I tried something new and different. Something I have never done before. And I'm sure you noticed. I tried a POV for once (also known as Point of view.) For this episode it was Ricky's POV. I tried this out because I wanted to show you the true feelings of each character individually. And since Ricky has been quiet about the whole situation I'm sure you were curious on what he really thinks. I enjoyed writing this POV. I'm adding more POV's soon. I've been thinking to add Doctor Worhtly's POV somewhere in the story as well, because what does he really know about all of this? right ;). & maybe other characters too. I feel like we all know what Amy's thinking patterns and her feelings are. We've been following her childbirth journey for a while now ;). it's a bit more exciting to add other characters thoughts in it. What do you think about this writing style? don't worry I'm not gonna write everything in POV's. It's just a little something to add to the story. Thank you for reading! And once again, add the sequel (which you can find on my profile) to ur reading lists to get notified when I start.