Episode 20: trying to say it in the nicest way

George invited Nora, Margaret and Shakur to his and Anne's old house.
He invited them over dinner. George didn't know if they already knew that Amy was pregnant. So he had to bring the news carefully, in case they didn't know anything about it.
It was past 7 in the evening. The table was ready for the guests and the lasagna was still in the oven.

The kitchen door opened. It was Nora.
George stood up to greet her.
"Hi, Nora." He said, in a serious tone.
Nora seemed confused.
"What's going on?" She asked. "I don't like your 'Hi, Nora' tone!"
George shook his head, uncertain. "Nothing's going on. Or, actually. A lot is going on. But i'm gonna tell you when Margaret and Shakur arrive."
Nora looked wondered. "Wow, are they coming too? Is it that serious?" She said sarcastically.
George nodded. "Very serious." He said.

Nora seemed to be impatient. "Just tell me, George. What is it about?" She asked, trying to get the information out of George's mouth. "Just give me a hint. You don't have to tell me everything!"
George smiled. "It doesn't mean that you're an ex-con, drug addict and an alcholic, that you can get the information out of me!" He said, sarcastically.
Nora nodded. "At least i'm not a lawyer." She said.
George smiled. "Yeah, at least."

Minutes went by. It seemed like an eternity. George didn't speak. He was afraid he might say something about the situation already. And he really wanted to wait until Margaret and Shakur showed up.

The bell of the front door rang. George seemed to be thinking, he heard the bell very distanced. "George, i think their here!" Nora said.
George looked at Nora. "They are here?"
Nora nodded. "The door bell rang."
George stood up, he sighed and walked to the front door. He opened the door with hesitation.
"Margaret, Shakur. Come in." He said, frowning.

---

"Okay, the dinner was delicious, George. But why did you invite the three of us to come here?" Margaret asked.
"It must be something serious?" Shakur asked.
George nodded. "It is something serious. And i don't know how far behind you guys are on the news, but uhm..."
Nora seemed to be confused. "Is it about Anne, i mean she's not here. Did she finally find a girlfriend?"
George shook his head. "It's not about Anne, and as far as i know, she's still single."
He sighed. "It's about Ricky." He looked down. "And it's also about my Amy."

Nora, Margaret and Shakur gave each other a confused look, they also seemed to be afraid to hear George's news.
Nora made an impatient gesture with her hands.
"Well, tell us, George. He's our son."
George looked at them.
"I'm not really sure how to bring you this news. But... Amy is pregnant again." He said, trying to stay calm.

"She's what?" Nora, Margaret and Shakur asked at the same time.
George sighed. "I knew that Ricky didn't tell you. But Amy is pregnant by him. Those two had a little adventure together, right after my Amy came back from New York for the first time." George shook his head.

"Are you sure that Amy's pregnant?" Margaret asked, uncertain.
George nodded. "Yes, she is. She took a pregnancy test in New York and she went to the doctor's with Anne to know it for sure. And she is a 100% pregnant." George sighed. "Even though i wish she wasn't."
Nora seemed confused. "But if Amy's pregnant, what about Clementine? I thought Ricky and Clementine were dating?"
Shakur interrupted her. "They were not just dating, they have, or had a serious relationship. Clementine even has the key of his apartment."
Nora seemed slightly irritated.
"And why do you know all of that stuff? Why don't i know things like that?"

"Because we talk to our son, and you don't." Margaret said.
"I do talk to him, but not as much as i used to." Nora said.
George looked at Nora. "Well, than... I guess now is the perfect time to talk to him!"

"I don't see the big problem here?" Shakur asked. "Maybe they will get back together for ... the baby. And maybe things will finally work out for them?"