006.

Selena's POV

-''Love under flashing lights is hard'', - I said, reaching out and gripping his hand. He looked down at our hands and then at me

Something about the way he looked at me was not right. We shouldn't look like that at each other. I froze, when he slowly interlaced our fingers, gripping my hand. He did it yesterday too, but this time is different.

I just felt it. He looked at me with hope, but I don't know why. My heart was pounding in the chest and I swallowed, turning around and breaking the whole magic of the moment. I think that made him realize something too, because he let go of my hand and cleared his throat. Soon he stopped the car and walked out, opening door for me. I smiled and took his hand, going with him to the house. I was shaking a bit.

-''Shhh'', - he whispered, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer. This simple gesture made thousand of butterflies to start flying in my stomach. I tried to ignore them, but it is rather hard. Door opened and beautiful blonde woman smiled at us, stepping back to let us come in.

- ''Good evening mom'', - Manuel spoke, hugging and kissing her cheek.

-''Hello my dear. Ah, what a beautiful lady you brought with you. Hello, I'm Marita'', - she said, looking at me. I smiled, handling my hand to her.

-''Selena, nice to meet you'', - I spoke, blushing.

-''Oh, dear, come here!''. I was pulled in a tight and loving hug. Manuel rolled his eyes, taking his mom away.

- ''Mom, you surely can scare people. I'll lead her to the bathroom and show our house, you go and prepare the food'', - he commanded and took my hand, leading me to the bathroom. I smiled to his mom, being happy for such a friendly welcoming.

-''Here'', - Manuel said, opening door of bathroom. I smiled to him, coming in. Washing my hands was quick thing, and then he took me on a mini tour about his house. All this time he held my hand in his, showing me everything.

-''My mom is in love with you'', - he spoke quietly, when were in the living room. I chuckled, shocking my head slightly.

- ''Why would you think so? She doesn't even know me'', - I said and he gripped my and, making me look at him.

-''She never looked like that at Kate. You got her from the second you came in'', - he said seriously, looking in my eyes. I swallowed, not knowing what should I say now.

-''Love birds, sorry for interrupting, but fish is ready'', - his brother said and we both blinked, shocking our heads.

Maybe it's me being paranoid, but I really thought that we're going to kiss right now. Oh yeah, like this ever going to happen. Manuel smiled nervously, holding my hand in his and going to the kitchen.

-''Where dad is?'', - he asked from his brother.

-''On some summit, don't know'', - he replied and we entered the kitchen. There was big round table in the middle with a lot of food on it.

-''Let me help you'', - I said, going to his mom. She smiled at me, shocking her head.

-''No, no, honey, sit, I will make everything by myself. But this is so cute that you wanted to help'', - she said and sit me on the chair, smiling.

I caught Manuel's gaze on me. He was smiling and I smiled back. His smile is irresistible, it is completely impossible not to smile back. His mom sit and dinner started. We told her whole our story and I could see that she believed in everything. I felt so bad for lying to her. Marita is so nice, I felt horrible.

We talked a lot and I can say that I fell in love with his family. His brother, Marcel, was funny and always made us laugh, while his mother was very intelligent and nice person. She loves Manuel so much. I told him that when he drove me back home.

-''Because I'm the first one, but now she loves Marcel more'', -he pouted and I laughed.

We sat in comfortable silence, listening to the music from the radio. Our fingers were interlaced and I won't lie, it felt so good. For one second, I even forgot that the whole thing is set up. I smiled at him and he did the same.

-''Tomorrow is your turn to be nervous about meeting my dad'', - I said and he grinned, stopping the car right near my house. As always, he opened the door for me and followed me to the door. I turned around, looking at him.

-''It was an amazing evening, thank you'', - I said, smiling. He leaned in, smiling. I could feel his hot breath on my face and shivered, realizing how close we are to each other.

-''Selena'', - he called, touching our noses.

-''What?'', - I asked, swallowing. He didn't reply.

Instead he titled his head, touching my lips with his in a light kiss.