009.

Selena's POV

This is not right, but I was so happy. Manuel got on well with my dad and this is rare, because usually my dad doesn't like my boyfriends. Dinner was amazing and I couldn't feel any better. Now, they both were sitting in the living room, talking about football and other sports. I was in the kitchen, washing dishes and just cleaning all around, when I suddenly felt pair of strong arms wrapping around my waist and my back was smashed to his chest. 

-''Leave it and join us'', - he whispered, his hands holding me tight. I smiled, looking up. 

-''I will finish this and then will join'', - I said and he pouted, making most adorable expression ever. 

-''I'm waiting'', - he whispered and kissed my forehead, going away. 

I was blushing and continue washing dishes, when sudden realization hit me. We're so damn couple-like now. I swallowed, frozing. He didn't mean anything, right? He just...played his role. But no one -was in the kitchen, why would he do that? It felt so right. I even forget that he's not my boyfriend for real. I turn off the water, grabbing towel. 

I'm developing feelings for my fake boyfriend. Great, Selena, you're doing just great. What else? You will kiss him all for real? I already did that. I blushed once more, remembering our kiss near the door. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I thought that it wasn't a set up. Actual kiss that couple shares all the time. I sighed, wanting to punch myself. Why everything is so complicated? It is bad, I shouldn't feel anything for him, especially when it's obvious that feelings are not mutual. 

We're going to break up soon, anyways. I felt how it suddenly was hard to take a breath, like something stepped on my chest. I need to calm down now. We haven't even spoke about how we will break up and we should to. I put all dishes on its place and went to the living room, trying not to show how nervous I was. I saw my dad laughing on something Manuel said and smiled, when they turned to me. Manuel's face lighten up and he moved a bit, wanting me to sit with him. He's doing this because of your dad, don't get your hopes high, Selena. I went to him, smiling. His eyebrows furrowed. I bet he understand that something is not right with me. 

-''Thank you very much for this evening, sir. I enjoyed it a lot'', - Manu spoke, standing up and hugging my father. 

-''Thanks to you, Manuel. I'm so happy that my baby girl is with someone like you''. I could feel my body tensing up and he didn't feel too comfortable. 

After that, I followed Manu to his car. So, he already is Manu to me, not Manuel. We stopped near his car and he turned around, taking my hands in his. He looked worried, truly worried. 

-''What's wrong?'', - he asked quietly, trying to read my face. I sadly chuckled, looking at him. Oh, how I don't want to start this conversation. -''I did something wrong? Just tell me, I won't do it again'', - he said confidently, gripping my hands in his. I smiled, shocking my head. 

He? Something wrong? 

-''I was just thinking about... you know'', - I mumbled, being scared to say the whole thing. His grip got tighter and I squirmed of pain. 

-''You want to talk about break up, don't' you?'', - he asked in dangerously quiet whisper, making me shiver. I looked up, seeing his eyes darkened and he looked rather scary. 

-''Man-Manuel'', - I mumbled, feeling my heart stop beating because of his intense gaze on me.- ''It-it hurts'', - I whispered, looking at my hands. He blinked, looking at me with puzzled expression on his face. 

He suddenly let go of my hands, stepping back to his car. My heart ached, when I saw him looking all lost and dismissed. 

-''Manuel...'', - I started and he looked up, meeting my gaze.