Interview With The Superman (Updated)

SEVEN MONTHS EARLIER

HAPPY HARBOUR - MAY 25th

3:52PM

"Are we rolling?"

"Yeah, Iris!"

"This is Iris West-Allen with GBS, reporting to you live from Happy Harbour, Rhode Island with breaking news! The super villain known as Parasite, along with a small band of unidentified thugs, have just attacked the local mall!! The situation has been resolved by the members of the Justice League's protégé s and the mall has been locked down by the local police, but the carnage wrought by these criminals has been great enough to shake the community."

"This report comes in tandem with a developing story of a mass breakout from several super villain prisons, namely the institution at Belle Reve. The White House and the Justice League have been besieged with reports of other super villain attacks besides the one that just took place here!"

"Wait! Hold on! I've just heard that three protgees, along with Superman, are now exiting the mall with what appears to be someone on a stretcher!"

"Holy crap Iris!! It's a kid!

"Oh my god, you're right!! It's hard to see from this distance, but it appears that the person on the stretched is only very young, around fifteen years old! He appears to be in a great deal of pain and with a huge scar on his chest...What kind of monster would so such a thing to a child?!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
"C'mon Alex! Let's see if we can ask Superman for a comment on the situation!"

"Superman! Superman! Can you give any report on the situation?!"

"Have the criminals who aided Parasite been identified?!"

"No."

"Can you give ANY form of statement to the public? About this incident or the mass breakouts from the super villain prisons?!"

"The members of the Justice League and myself, along with the brave men and women of the Happy Harbour emergency services have been successful in evacuating all of the Mall's personnel and detaining Parasite and his thugs. As for the mass breakouts from Belle Reve and other super villain institutions, I would like to ask the public to stay calm and know that the White House and the Justice League are working tirelessly to apprehend these criminals and to find countermeasures against any further attacks."

"And what of this victim? Have you found the assailant responsible for the attack on this young man?"

"This young man was brave. He attacked the thugs whilst our protegees being detained by Parasite, which resulted in the scar you see. I'm ashamed to admit that Parasite attacked the boy before I could stop him."

"Thank you Superman for you-"

"Hey Iris! What's that muddy stuff on the kid's scar..?"

"ALEX!! Get back!!

"AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!"

"ALEX!!"

"What the hell was that?!! Did that kid just shoot beams out of his eyes?!"

"But Superman! I thought only you could do that! Is there something you're not telling us?"

"Superman! His skin is heating up!!"

"Quiet Superboy! Please Mrs Allen, remain calm. Miss Martian! Get Batman, NOW!!"

"Yes!"

"Officer! Clear the media from the area!"

"Sure thing, Superman. You heard the man! Clear the area people!!"

"Desmond!! Stay with me!!"

"Robin! Get away from him! Let me handle it!"

<EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES>