The Anti-Climatic Amazon

HAPPY HARBOUR - May 25th

9:12PM

Desmond grunted as Kid Flash ran back and forth over ledges, landing rapid blows on him as he passed.

When Kid Flash came in for the next punch, Desmond intercepted him and held him upside down in the air by his right ankle. But despite the precarious position, Kid Flash threw himself up near Desmond's body and began to hit him repeatedly.

"I would have given you for the couch and maybe even the TV!!" He yelled over the sound of landing punches. "But threatening my souvenir collection?! YOU'RE DEAD!!"

Desmond groaned, not out of pain, but exasperation and confusion.

"What souvenir collection?!" he yelled back.

But Kid Flash ignored him and began to hit him harder.

"Talk to the fists because the Kid Flash ain't listening!!"

Desmond began to lose his balance in the air and his grip on Kid Flash's leg.

"This is ridiculous..." he muttered to himself, realising that it was time he met Kid Flash on equal ground.

He gripped tighter onto Kid Flash's leg before throwing him up into the air. One surge of energy later, Kid Flash was the one who was getting beaten, Desmond punching him quickly and harshly while the former was still in mid-air.

Finally, he grabbed Kid Flash by the collar and threw him straight into the ground near Batman and the Young Justice, barely missing Captain Marvel.

Dirt flied everywhere as Kid Flash hit the ground, his face flat in the crater and his back in the air.

"Uggghhhh..." he groaned as the Team ran over to him.

"Are you OK, Wally..?" Captain Marvel asked worriedly.

Artemis ran to him and held him upright in her arms.

"Why did you do that?" she asked softly.

Her only reply was a pained, dizzy groan.

"Did anyone else see the license plate of that truck that hit me just now..?"

Then he passed out.

"Poor Wally..." Miss Martian remarked as she hovered over him. "He's not going to live that one down..."

Superman flew at Desmond, but was once again, knocked back but Green Lantern caught him, helping him recover as Wonder Woman appeared next to him.

"You've done enough, Superman..." she told him. "Let us handle the rest!"

Superman panted as he held his stinging arm close to his side.

"Be careful, Diana..." he warned. "He's pretty strong..."

Wonder Woman smirked and brandished her gleaming, silver sword and shield.

"It will take more than a pretender to beat an Amazon!"

Superman hovered down to Batman and the Team, leaving Desmond to Wonder Woman.

"Lantern, leave this boy to me..."

Green Lantern nodded as she flew at Desmond with a mighty battle-cry.

But as she charged at Desmond, Wonder Woman noticed something wrong.

Desmond was starting to sink closer to the ground, as if an invisible anchor was suddenly tied to his legs.

Batman was carefully analysing Desmond and had his hypothesis proven.