Unofficial Membership

HAPPY HARBOUR - MAY 25th

9:13PM

"Are you going to calm down?" Green Lantern asked Desmond sternly.

He wrapped a chain around the cage and pulled I higher into the air, Desmond smirking like he was actually enjoying it. "Even with that speed you took from Kid Flash, you're not getting around or out of that cage."

Desmond smiled and shrugged as he held onto the bars.

"Then I guess I'll have to go through the cage, won't I?"

Green Lantern's eyes went wide.

"Say what?"

But as Green Lantern spoke, Desmond was already running around inside the cage, building up momentum.

Before he could do something, Desmond had vibrated his way through the cage and was speeding across the taut chain.

Straight at Green Lantern!

He quickly flipped the chain to create a wave in it, but he was too late. Desmond had already leapt into the air and slammed his fist into Lantern's right cheek.

But he was able to catch Desmond by the scruff of his neck.

"Are you CRAZY?!" He yelled in disbelief.

Desmond, despite being held up in the air by his neck, shrugged as best as he could.

"I've been known to push things a little bit far..."

He then held up his fist close to Green Lantern's face, who wasn't threatened at all...

...Until Desmond's fist glowed green!!

Before he could react, a gigantic, spring-loaded boxing glove shot out straight at Green Lantern, pushing straight into his face and sending him flying into the horizon.

"Hal!!" Superman cried out.

"Get it?" Desmond laughed. "PUSH things too FAR?"

He laughed wildly as he hovered in the air.

Desmond realised what he had just accomplished. He had beaten down the Justice League's most powerful members and was still standing.

Looks like he DID have good control of his powers, or at least he learned to control them quickly...

"Oh, I could do this all day!"

But the figures floating up behind him with folded arms and angry scowls gave him a feeling that he wouldn't...

"Playtime's OVER." Superman warned.

When Desmond was brought back to the ground, Wonder Woman promptly wrapped her lasso around Desmond's waist and pulled him to the ground, whilst Green Lantern put him into gigantic stocks and Superman stood over him with his arms folded like an angry parent.

Desmond cleared his throat, which was a little bit harder to do when your neck and arms are stuck in a huge, green glowing detainment device...

"Isn't this a little bit much..?" he asked Superman.

"You attacked us..." Superman began. "Used our powers and with no idea how to control them and you injured Kid Flash and Wonder Woman!"

He bent over and looked Desmond straight in the eye.

"Not to mention you could have killed us!!"

He stood back up as the rest of the League members scowled at him.

"You wanted to prove a point?! You didn't prove a point by beating us up!!"

Batman let out a small, out of character chuckle.

"What's so funny?!" Wonder Woman asked.

The Young Justice members started snickering too.

"He wasn't trying to kill you..." Batman said as he regained his stoic composure.

Superman looked down at Desmond with clueless embarrassment.

"You know, Superman," Desmond laughed. "For someone with senses much more greater than a human being, you're much more clueless than one..."

"What are you talking about?"

"You said, that me beating you guys up DIDN'T prove a point? Well, I think it did..."

He pointed at Superman as best as he could from the stocks.

"To you more specifically..."

Superman scowled at him.

"And what point was tha-"

Then it hit him.

Why did Desmond attack HIM specifically and so suddenly? Why did he attack Superman with vicious intent, only to let up when Superman walked away willingly? And why did he engage the other members and just give up when he still had enough energy to fight the rest of them off? Why would he show off that much power, only to calm down and give up abruptly?

Because he had something to prove.

"You mean you were just SHOWING OFF?!?!"

All the Young Justice members lost it and nearly fell to the ground crying with laughter.

"Yep." Desmond smirked.

Wonder Woman looked at him, feeling like a fool for not realising it.

"You mean you risked your life AND ours just for a demonstration?!"

He looked at her, his smug smile growing wider.

"Pretty much..." he admitted.

Then he looked at her seriously.

"Funny how you said an infant was a better fighter than me, but I won against you. So where does that put you in terms of power?"

She growled angrily.

"So YOU Wonder Woman, Daughter of Zeus and Queen of the Amazons, got your butt kicked by a guy who you said was a worse fighter than an INFANT?"

She looked like she was going to choke him to death, but Superman held out his arm in front of her.

"Calm down, Diana..."

She scowled at Superman too.

"Now that I've proven my point," Desmond sighed. "And that I have no bad intent towards you all, will you PLEASE untie me?! I'm starting to get an aching neck in these stocks..."

Wonder Woman and Green Lantern looked at Superman, who nodded. Green Lantern dispelled the stocks as Wonder Woman untied her rope from his waist.

Rubbing his wrists, Desmond looked at Batman and walked up to him.

"Have I proven myself yet?" he asked anxiously.

Batman looked at him sternly, but also with a look of acceptance, as if he knew that joining them was what Desmond wanted and nothing on Earth could deter him from that.

"Your training begins tomorrow." Batman told him as he walked off. "After three months, you will be given missions by me personally."

He suddenly stopped to look Desmond in the eye.

"Consider yourself an unofficial member of the Young Justice."

Desmond has joined the Young Justice! (Unofficially) And has proven himself strong enough to contend with the Justice League's members! (Supposedly) Will the rest of the Team welcome him with open arms? (Hopefully) Or is Desmond's sudden admission going to be unwelcomed? (Maybe)

And that concludes PART ONE of the Young Justice: The Mimic Contingency! And the story is JUST getting started!! :D Keep an eye on your notifications for PART TWO coming out very soon! :D

Thanks for reading PART ONE and hope you will read PART TWO!! :D

-Kai-Shiro :D