Chapter 5

Anvesha:

Wednesday afternoon. College starts in about five days. I don't have anything to do for the past few days. Sometimes I clean the house, sometimes I try to cook new things and sometimes, I don't do anything at all.

I didn't go out of the house. I had no energy to deal with certain people.

When I apologized to him that day, I expected some reaction. Some shouting, screaming...anything, but the way he reacted, just sitting there and doing nothing, was really embarrassing. He didn't even look like he was going to say something. That is why, I didn't wait for any response. I just left.

I had told my father about this and he was happy that at least I did apologize. I don't know what he will do now...will he get me arrested for slapping him? Will he let it pass? Will he forgive me?...I just don't know.

...

I couldn't spend any more time at my place, so I decided to go at my favourite spot-under the tree, beside the road to home. Well, I'm tired of calling it "my favourite spot under...", so I will name it. I think...because the road is called Queen's Road, I will name the tree...King? Done!

So, I'm going to King's.

I knew I had possible chances of meeting him there, but, even if I see him, I have promised myself that I won't react.

I took a small handmade basket and kept my dabba in it. Then I took the book I was currently reading and kept it inside too. After that, I left.

As I walked, I looked around my house. I was here since the day I was born, and I really enjoyed being here. My house was near a dense forest, away from other colonies. That is why, walking was my favourite part. Light twitter of birds, calming breeze...I loved everything about the nature.

I reached the place after some time. I kept the basket in the tree's shade and was about to sit when a huge blur of white jumped from the tree. I froze. I couldn't see what it was, but I could feel its presence. My heart started beating fast. It wasn't moving or saying anything. My hands were shaking. I had heard things about this tree. Supernatural things. Some people of the nearby village said that a woman and a child took their lives here by hanging themselves. I didn't believe in aatma, bhoot...etc, but, something was standing behind me, wearing white, how would I not be sca--

"Hello!" a deep, very familiar voice said. It was human's voice.

Of course.

I slowly turned around and came face to face with...HIM! I kept a hand on my heart, which was still beating very fast and was able to mutter only one thing, "Oh my God! Oh my God!..." I mean, it was not the ghost of a woman or a child...it was him.

Wait...it was him? And he was saying..."Hello"?!

"Hello again!", the man said again, with a big smile on his face.

Not even a few days ago, he was calling me " filthy" and "creature". And so many more ugly things, but today he was acting like we were old friends.

I needed to stay calm. No...I am not going to do anything stupid.

So I said, "What do you want?"

"I want nothing. I was just trying to be polite...and fix things." He said, quickly.

What?