Chapter 20

I want to share something with you people. I'm in a constant dilemma that in this book, whatever I write...does it flow with what used to happen at that time? But then I realize, that I'm writing a pure work of fiction. And I don't need to match what happens in this book with the actual history. Because this is FICTION! I was reading a chapter in my history book and I realized that Indian writers at that time wrote about strong protagonists who go against every rule made by the society, they are portrayed as strong and intelligent! And it showed me, that I should write what I want without being scared of it being actually accurate or not.

Because in the end, I repeat- It's a work of fiction!

What do you say guys, am I right?

***

Anvesha:

My father was a kind hearted man, and it didn't take him long to tell me that what he told me, what he was forcing me to do was a gravr mistake on his side. He did not tell me anything regarding Rajeev or the marriage. He just let it be.

And I particularly, had come to terms with it. Because, it was only a small amount of freedom that my father really had in his hand for me. The other half was clenched in tight fists by the society.

For my father to loosen that grip of theirs, it had taken all within him. So it was least I could do...not question him further.

The journal of Gayatri Devi I had received from Alexander was written with precise details of her life. She relayed the events of her childhood, to the time where her end was near with a fine way with words.

The thing I seemed to notice in her words were; she wasn't afraid. A small detail that seemed to create a silent dissertation on my mind was- she never married.

Gayatri was a mere age of twelve when she was about to be wed to a wealthy landlord who was twice her age. But she stood her ground against that marriage, even when she was just a child and when the people and her parents turned against her, she ran away and never returned her hometown.

This definitely showed me that for some things to come true, you need not loose your touch with your beliefs. You just have to have a firm trust within your soul.

Then everything will be alright.

So with that belief in myself, I walked to a place where I haven't been for a very long time.

King's.

That place reminded me of my numerous encounters with two British men, who seemed to occupy my mind very much lately.

Matthew constantly kept coming up in my mind because I couldn't seem to forget the emotion in his eyes I saw a week ago, on the university tour.

It was bone chilling and filled with disgust and hatred. But what happened to be more shocking was, it wasn't directed towards me.

It was directed towards Alexander, his best companion.

Speaking of Alexander, his face seemed to be flashing in my mind because of the really kind deed he did at the same day of the tour.

He gave me the journal of a woman I had been genuinely curious and interested about. And it was discovered by Alexander himself, which showed how he must explore unkown things, unknown places...unknown people.

I have been feeling a very...mysterious sensation in my chest whenever I am reminded of him. I don't know how to name it, I can't place a finger on what it is...but I certainly don't like the way I feel.